Ride Ohio

Ride Ohio (http://rideohio.org/index.php)
-   Northwest Ohio (http://rideohio.org/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   March has Arrived (http://rideohio.org/showthread.php?t=20069)

reinie 03-02-2014 01:44 PM

March has Arrived

Four more inches of white stuff again, but at least it's March.

reinie 03-06-2014 10:39 AM

Six Days

Into March that is and it's nice & sunny but only 18 degrees near mid-day. The nicer weather is to come tomorrow with temps in the mid forties. I just might go out and start the bike just to hear it run awhile.

JeepMaker 03-07-2014 08:52 AM

Much as I'd like to ride the bike, there is still a ton of salt on the roads, and even though some parts of roads are dry, others are really sloppy from the snow melt.
What we need is a solid week of above 40F followed by a nice rain.

reinie 03-07-2014 02:14 PM

I agree

It's really nice today, March 7th with 45 degrees and bright sunshine. Unfortunately the streets are all cruddy with salt and there's lots of run-off and puddles from melting snow. I agree 100% about needing a stretch of warm weather followed by an all day soaker of rain followed by a nice sunny and breezy day to dry the roads off. I can easily ride at this temperature though.

wahoo 03-07-2014 08:08 PM

Will try to dig a path to the barn tomorrow and get the bikes out and up to the garage.

I've still got 6" of snow in some parts of the backyard near the barn, so looks like I may need to shovel a path to get them out.

reinie 03-10-2014 05:28 PM

March 10th First Ride

The first of 2014 today. It was so nice & warm (relatively) that I just couldn't wait so I got the key and put on my leather jacket then went out to the garage and opened it up. The bike started right up and I disconnected the battery charger (Schumaker similar to Battery Tender). Put on my helmet, sunglasses and gloves, backed the bike out and away I went. I went out west of town on Rt. 613 to the second crossroad and went for a nice short ride out in the country returning into town another way. I went maybe ten miles total but it sure felt good to be back in the saddle with a breeze on my knees.

DAC 03-10-2014 07:31 PM

I did the working man's version of the same thing. Came home, wife had a nice dinner of pork roast, corn bread and veggies ready. Then I went out and did about a 12 mile ride. Man, the VFR was ready. Didn't wear ear plugs so I could hear it sing it's song. Felt great.

Wingjammer 03-10-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reinie (Post 269684)
The first of 2014 today. It was so nice & warm (relatively) that I just couldn't wait so I got the key and put on my leather jacket then went out to the garage and opened it up. The bike started right up and I disconnected the battery charger (Schumaker similar to Battery Tender). Put on my helmet, sunglasses and gloves, backed the bike out and away I went. I went out west of town on Rt. 613 to the second crossroad and went for a nice short ride out in the country returning into town another way. I went maybe ten miles total but it sure felt good to be back in the saddle with a breeze on my knees.

Wow, all that just get that bike out how did you ever have time or energy to even ride it? :smt017

reinie 03-12-2014 08:15 AM

Winter Storm

Today we get hammered again!! We're supposed to get 4 to 6 inches of new snow by mid-day. The freezing rain & sleet just turned to snow about 25 minute s ago and it's only 8:13 AM Nothing like yesterday when it was 61 degrees here and I got a couple of rides in. March in Ohio, whod've guessed???

Wingjammer 03-12-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reinie (Post 269719)
Today we get hammered again!! We're supposed to get 4 to 6 inches of new snow by mid-day. The freezing rain & sleet just turned to snow about 25 minute s ago and it's only 8:13 AM Nothing like yesterday when it was 61 degrees here and I got a couple of rides in. March in Ohio, whod've guessed???

Sidelined due to weather has a +, at least now you can rest up from the riding.