Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > Ride Reports

Notices

Ride Reports Post pictures and stories about the rides or events you have done

Old 11-15-2015

K Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to behold
Default West Virginia Trip part 2

....continued

The first part of this ride report I posted from my phone. That was a pain! I thought I could post it then turn on the PC and continue the report by editing it. Turns out there is a time limit, which I exceeded. Oh well, live and learn.

Here is a little waterfall along Fayette Station Rd. that I forgot to include for Saturday.

Beginning our Sunday, we headed over to Babcock State Park. This is when we could really start to see the awesome fall color that WV has to offer. Wish we had a better camera but carrying a large camera isn't an option for us at this time.

Babcock State Park Grist Mill makes a great photo. I really like the atmosphere of this park.

After taking in the beauty at Babcock we headed over to the Highland Scenic Highway. The views and color in this area was awesome!

We did stop off at the Falls of Hills Creek. The 3/4 mile trail (one way) is worth the walk. Keep in mind most of it is downhill so you know what that means for the trip back!
There are three falls but the upper falls doesn't have a very good view so I will only include a pic of the middle and lower falls.

Middle falls - 45 ft. drop

Lower falls - 63 ft. drop. Notice the rainbow behind the falls

While both falls are nice, I think I like the middle falls the best.

Continuing along the Scenic Highway, the color just kept getting better. SO took tons of pics but I'll only share a couple.

We headed home on Monday. We had some pics of ride home but after the pics from Saturday and Sunday just didn't seem worth posting.

This was our first fall trip and I can't say enough of how much we enjoyed it! The timing was almost perfect for the area we were in. WV is a beautiful state. The roads were in good shape and until we were almost back to Parkersburg, traffic was extremely light. We rode close to 900 mile for the three days. No record breaker, but we had a good mix of time on and off the bike to make the trip enjoyable for both of us. Can't wait for the next trip!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-15-2015
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics. kRider. . W. Va is an outstanding state to ride in. You really did hit the color perfect. 900 miles in W VA would be like 1500 if you straightened them out lol.

On a side note... Did you quit doing videos? i really like your vids and share them often. My nephew was just in fron Nevada and I took him on 125 to Portsmouth then hit 73 and 348 on the way home. We also ran my favorite 743 which you videoed at my request and added the Byrds music. Perfect. Still makes me smile whenever I watch it. I then sent him the links to your vids of those roads, so he could relive them back in Nevada.
Old 11-15-2015
Fickle Pickle

jnor has disabled reputation

Great pics, looks like perfect timing for your trip.....

WVA is an awsome state to ride in, we are lucky it is so close !!
Old 11-15-2015

K Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to behold

ferret,
The camera I had was an older miniDV that took the tapes. Can't hardly find them anymore plus they are expensive when I do, so I quit using it. Haven't really did anything with my site in a long while. Funny u mentioned that because just yesterday I was talking to the wife about it. I'm glad somebody is watching them.

I wanted to thank you and anyone else that offered info about WV. We really had a great time.

Old 11-15-2015

Jim has disabled reputation

Very nice photos and you hit it just right for the color.
'14 BMW R1200RT
'12 Triumph Tiger 800
IBA #30023
Old 11-15-2015

Wingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Very nice photos and you hit it just right for the color.
Yep, what he said, only fortunate enough to have seen it a couple times in sunshine & full color as your pics. All other times were in various shades of green. Great pics, thanks for posting.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=white]..[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=white]
[/COLOR]
Old 11-16-2015

OhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud of

Nice pics! Glad you enjoyed the trip. I was down there in the first part of October and although the leaves weren't as nice the riding always is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a bucket list, but my "Bike It" list is pretty long!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-16-2015

We're going to try and make it back there next summer but will probably stay a little further north. Limited on time we can go so I like to try and see something different each time.

Old 06-28-2016

grossie is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the pics and the info. Great stuff!
Old 06-29-2016
I WANT MORE PIE!

sirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome report and pics! Thanks for sharing.