Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > Motorcycle Tech

Notices

Motorcycle Tech Here is where you can seek advise when it is all going wrong.

Old 05-29-2016

DylanB is on a distinguished road
Default Having trouble starting

My battery is full charged, when I press in to start the bike I'll get a click. This can happen any where from 3 to 10 times when until it starts up and then is fine. I'm thinking its maybe a loose wire or something in the ignition but am not sure. Battery is fully charged (I have a trickle charge and when it starts it is fine) so I do not that is the problem.
Old 05-29-2016
backyard explorer

tdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like your soleniod is activating but not making internal contact. put a test light on the large lugs of the solenoid. one is hot all the time, the other is hot when you push the starter button. if the second lug does not light up on the button the solenoid is bad.

tim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-31-2016

DylanB is on a distinguished road

Thanks for info!! I googled it last night and this sounds like it is exactly the problem. I think I'm going to have to replace it, hopefully won't have to redo the whole starter.