Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > Riding Well

Notices

Riding Well Discussion about riding technique. Tips on riding far, riding fast, and staying safe the while doing it.

Old 08-26-2012

Chaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond repute
Crash Lesson Learned

OK so .... I've always said I'm never going to be responsible for a passenger. Never say never. I came home from work one nice day (on the bike) never even opened the g-door. Walked in and told hubby "come on, drop what you’re doing ... we are going riding". Forgetting one thing he tells me "My bikes at your dealership". UGH! And I just was not feeling like getting on the back of my own bike so I had jokingly say "then you’re riding bitch" HE REPLIES WITH "OK".

OK??? OK??? WTF ... so we did head out two-up. We get doing down a country road and he starts to wiggle, I can see his shadow on the road boppen around like a crazy man back there as I yell out "don't do that!" he licks in my ear, paying me back for the many times I've been there done that! UGH!!!

So we've been out 3 times like that and I was feeling quite confident ... yesterday he rides into the Harley-Dealership on the back of my Honda to pick up his bike (and the local news paper was not there).

All in all it helped me to realize that I'm a better rider than I thought ... then last night ... I drop my bike! REALLY! Following Dave (who has always been the keep up or stay home kinda guy) decides to stop for a yellow light (something he never does). It's Hot and that spot on the road is thick with oil. I'd seen the light change so I sped up to make it through the light with him. I see his tail light, brake, ass slips out to my right, I try to adjust: went from 'Oh Frick" to "Just maybe" to "F Me". Landed with my hip on the curb. No Fun! Just a little shaken up. Dave picks up my bike, asks if I'm Ok and we ride home. Right Mirror and right highway peg scraped up, but all in all not bad.

Bottom line .... Lesson LEARNED ride your own ride always!
(Liberty and I are both a lil bruised but we are both fine!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May all your rides be filled with warm memories and good times.

Life's a Trip ... Enjoy the RIDE,
Chaps Nicole
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-26-2012
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

What a shame. Sorry to hear the two of you are bruised. Yellow lights are tough. If I can stop..I will. I always worry about the light busters behind me.
Old 08-26-2012

OhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud of

Glad you are okay Nicole!

I don't have a bucket list, but my "Bike It" list is pretty long!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-26-2012
TIME TO RIDE - RIDE ON!!!

HG has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhiaBoy View Post
Glad here too young lady!
Ride on..........safely!

Hopefully, those miles put a smile on your face! It always does for me!
Old 08-26-2012
Warning shots waste ammo!

Redtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Guy View Post
Glad here too young lady!
Ride on..........safely!
Same here!
It's 5:00 somewhere!
Old 08-26-2012
It's always time to ride

wahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto

No matter where life's journey takes you.... there you are.
Not all who wander are lost.....
Old 08-26-2012
Bald, Fat & Slow.

Pauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're alright. Bike parts are cheaper than body parts.
Old 08-26-2012

JeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhiaBoy View Post
+1

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."- Alexis de Tocqueville
Old 08-26-2012

Saddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud of

Oh my, glad you are ok..always ride your own ride...
Old 08-26-2012
Cheeky Bastard

magley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear you aren't banged up too bad.

ŠUANE