Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > Riding Well

Notices

Riding Well Discussion about riding technique. Tips on riding far, riding fast, and staying safe the while doing it.

Old 08-26-2012
caelitus mihi vires

RSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond repute

Happens.

But like your title states, lessons learned. Glad you and your steed are ok.
Good on you for having your hubby ride biatch, Where's the pics!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-26-2012
Fat,Dumb,and Happy

Memnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVridr View Post
Happens.

+1
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SCH-R720 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1
Old 08-26-2012
This space for Rent

Warlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVridr View Post
Happens.

+2

Bill

My SPOT, his name is Fido:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-27-2012

Ken45 is a splendid one to beholdKen45 is a splendid one to beholdKen45 is a splendid one to beholdKen45 is a splendid one to beholdKen45 is a splendid one to beholdKen45 is a splendid one to beholdKen45 is a splendid one to behold

Oh gosh! Glad you are okay. If you can walk away and the bike can ride away, well it's a lesson.

But licking your ear? Why wasn't the helmet in the way? I can post a picture of the scratches in my helmet from last weekend if you need to see it. I probably wouldn't be here typing if I didn't have that helmet on.

Seems to be a lot of crashes lately

Take care, be safe.

Ken
Old 08-27-2012

Chaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Thanks everyone!
Thought I might be real stiff, but was able to ride yesterday!!!!

May all your rides be filled with warm memories and good times.

Life's a Trip ... Enjoy the RIDE,
Chaps Nicole
Old 08-27-2012
Retired and Loving It

reinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond reputereinie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Glad You're OK

Horseback Riding, the predecessor to motorcycle riding carries some of the same risks and dangers. Accidents with horses were just as commonplace many years ago as are motor vehicle accidents today. Glad that you're not seriously hurt.
Old 08-27-2012

Chaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond reputeChaps has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinie View Post
Horseback Riding, the predecessor to motorcycle riding carries some of the same risks and dangers. Accidents with horses were just as commonplace many years ago as are motor vehicle accidents today. Glad that you're not seriously hurt.
True, I spend many years working with troubled horses, even was on the Mounted Patrol with Makona back in the day. Life is full of risk, it's good to learn, and better to learn from others mistakes because as my Grandpa used to say "You don't live long enough to make them all yourself"

Chaps Nicole
Old 08-27-2012

Ken45 is a splendid one to beholdKen45 is a splendid one to beholdKen45 is a splendid one to beholdKen45 is a splendid one to beholdKen45 is a splendid one to beholdKen45 is a splendid one to beholdKen45 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinie View Post
For my wife and I, even with our recent crash, motorcycles have been more kind to us than horses. Oh, BTW, I have a few horses for sale.....
Old 08-27-2012
I WANT MORE PIE!

sirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond reputesirepair has a reputation beyond repute

Dang Nicole! Good to hear there was no serious damage!

Ya may want to practice some panic stops, get more aggressive with the front brakes.
Old 08-29-2012

Thumbs up

Thanks all ... I thought my spill would lower my confidence ... but after riding all day yesterday I can say all it really did was cause me to have better judgment. Think through things more and I still enjoy my ride time so learn from my mistakes, trust me best advice I got from my wise grandfather was "learn from others mistakes you will not live long enough to make them all yourself" Thanks Grandpa!

And Ken~ If you sell your real horses what will you ride in the snow? Just sayen' Mine are stayen'.

Chaps Nicole

Last edited by Chaps; 08-29-2012 at 11:00 AM.