Go Back   Ride Ohio > Reasons to Ride > Southeast Ohio

Notices

Southeast Ohio Things to do, places to eat, and roads to ride in Southeast Ohio.

Old 10-27-2012
FORMER Party Bus Co-Pilot

mojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not familiar with the electricals on the stroms, but it would seem to me if its a fairly common issue, someone probably makes a beefier stator, or you could rewind the one you have. Sorry, probably not a lot of help, but its all I got!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-27-2012
FORMER Party Bus Co-Pilot

mojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond repute

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-27-2012
caelitus mihi vires

RSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm.....looks like a RG,Multistrada,Tiger and a DC all thrown together with a KTM headlight. However, with that said, I don't hate it

Old 10-27-2012
You Can't fix stupid

CUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is uglier than Tanks Butt Crack
Old 10-27-2012
Roadwryter

toddwrites is on a distinguished road

Thanks much. Givi seems to be one of the top-rated brands. Bike has a plate for the Givi top case. Looks like I'm just going to have to be careful with the electronics/heated gear, but that's fine.

aka 'Roadwryter"
'05 GL1800 ABS
'04 DL650

Old 10-27-2012
Fickle Pickle

jnor has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwrites View Post
Thanks much. Givi seems to be one of the top-rated brands. Bike has a plate for the Givi top case. Looks like I'm just going to have to be careful with the electronics/heated gear, but that's fine.

Mine will run my Gerbing jacker liner, and heated grips with no problem....
Old 10-28-2012

Prometheus is on a distinguished road

I have Happy Trails SU racks with Pelican 1550 boxes. Ugly and wide (although not as wide as some) but very tough and roomy. Not nearly as expensive as some options. I have one of the big Bestem boxes on back, holds two helmets and a home made tool tube behind the left box (DL 650). Lots of places to lash extra stuff. Electric wise swap out rear lights with LEDs, LED running lights up front too. Save the watts where you can. The Bestem is wired for running/turn signals and a 12v socket inside. Quick detach with a standard trailer hitch socket. An extra 12v socket on the handlebars. My goal is to make my bike as visible as possible from all angles with extra LED lights. I put on a Sargent seat in place of the Marquis de Sade factory seat. Stock windshield works for me (anyone with a spare factory shield, I'd be interested). I had 1 800 mi day and a slew of 600+ mile days on my recent trip. No regrets.

2006 DL650 V Strom
1999 Orange and Black Valkyrie
Old 10-28-2012
It's always time to ride

wahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond repute

I will send you a PM later about the windshield. I'm out of town for work until Wed.

No matter where life's journey takes you.... there you are.
Not all who wander are lost.....
Old 10-28-2012

Looking forward to it!

2006 DL650 V Strom
Old 10-28-2012

I can't respond via pm due to post count restrictions. Thanks for getting back to me. Let me double check to make sure it will fit my 2006 650. My son lives in Blacklick, I wouldn't need much arm twisting. I'll get back to you. Be safe.

2006 DL650 V Strom