Go Back   Ride Ohio > Commercial and For Sale > Rants and Raves

Notices

Rants and Raves Experiences with motorcycle related businesses - both good and bad.

Old 11-09-2011
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingjammer View Post
I may be wrong here Sir, if so please overlook. Don't you need to be moving at more than a snail's pace to crash?

Any faster would be irresponsible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-09-2011
caelitus mihi vires

RSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
Here is some more crazy stuff.

I got the Progressive papers today. In the discounts section I see that I get one because I have a motorcycle endorsement.

Then it list Skid and she gets the endorsement discount, PLUS a "responsible driver" discount.

Where is my responsible driver discount??????

My last motorcycle crash was on May 18, 1985!

Skid has crashed a couple of times in the last 5 years!

I might run a bit over the speed limit once in a while, and I occasionally ignore stop signs, but I think the important thing is that I don't crash.

hmmm..I'm going to have to look at our policies and see if they gave us any 'discounts'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-09-2011
It's always time to ride

wahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond repute

I have both bikes on the same policy @ Progressive. Total is $540 per year with high policy coverage limits and $100 deductible, towing coverage and trip interruption coverage ( for motels, etc).

Seems about right. I honestly don't care what Peter Lewis does or believes in.

No matter where life's journey takes you.... there you are.
Not all who wander are lost.....
Old 11-11-2011
"Lil Hitler"

johnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond repute

Had Allstate for the BMW and the SuperDuke. Think I paid $280 for the KTM and $260 for the BMW. When I got the Uly, they wanted $1400 a year. Its less sporty, and alot slower than the other 2 where . I also had my 2 cars and my house insurance through them. I got a quote from Statefarm....Every single premium was lower than Allstates. They wanted $260 for full coverage, with a $100 deductible. After everything was said and done......StateFarm was $1436 cheaper a year for all my policies. Talk about a savings. 2 weeks after i switched...the Allstate Agent went out of business....guess I was their only customer and they were trying to jack up my premiums to stay open

Old 11-13-2011

DaveB has disabled reputation

We insure 5 cars, the bus, 2 trailers, 4 bikes, and the scooter with State Farm for $2400/year. Not a bad deal and the agent loves us....Long time.....since 1979.

Last edited by DaveB; 11-13-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-14-2011

madkawrider is on a distinguished road

In 06 I brought my Nomad, I went with Geico and was charged $127.00 for full coverage which was great. the second year the same,the third year they wanted $207.00 more. When I asked why they said because I changed my address. I never moved and the only charged me 127.00. The next year wanted 342.00 stating I did a policy change by changing my address. I didn't, but they would not give . I'm now with Progressive at $102.00 a year and love it. GEICO SUCKS just saying
Old 11-22-2011

myhondas is on a distinguished road

I went with progressive because they are the only company that would do agreed value insurance. All the other companies would only insure the 74 CB750K4 for blue book value....$900 tops....actual value...around 12K....so now all my bikes (4) and covered bike trailer are insured with agreed value policies. My only gripe was when I first insured the 96 magna...they did it as blue book and when the accident happened, they screwed me out of $2800.

also have my car with them....and may do the homeowners/personal property too.

Last edited by myhondas; 11-22-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-22-2012
This IS the movie!!

banzai has disabled reputation
Default STUFF

Nobody and I mean NOBODY has been aable to match Markel AKA Bikeline Insurance Prices. When I bought my 2005 Nomad I thought I might change companies, but checking around found that all were 300.00 dollars higher anthe two most mentioned in this thread were 1000.00 higher! Oh and as a second thought , my driving record is excellent.( no crashes and no tickets)---So shop around---I'm jost sayin
Old 03-15-2012

jfvb1225 has a spectacular aura aboutjfvb1225 has a spectacular aura aboutjfvb1225 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
I have that with Progressive also. The Suzuki would never break down, but now that we have a Yamaha we might use that insurance.
HEY!!
Old 03-03-2013

HeavyDuty has disabled reputation

I pay $520 a year thru State Farm for full coverage with no deductible on 2 bikes but I have to pay it all at once to get that price.
That also covers any break down towing

Last edited by HeavyDuty; 03-03-2013 at 08:48 AM.