Go Back   Ride Ohio > Special Interest > Camping

Notices

Camping Discuss campgrounds, gear, camp cooking - anything that relates to camping on a motorcycle.

Old 10-15-2010
GIMPY

saralynn518 is a splendid one to beholdsaralynn518 is a splendid one to beholdsaralynn518 is a splendid one to beholdsaralynn518 is a splendid one to beholdsaralynn518 is a splendid one to beholdsaralynn518 is a splendid one to beholdsaralynn518 is a splendid one to behold
Default Survival: Lost with...only a bottle of whiskey

Sounds like an essential to be packed in the future...

"Put that hooch to good use with these tips for starting a fire, treating
water, and even signaling for help."

"So you’ve zigzagged into the woods to drink your sad self into oblivion with a fifth of Johnnie Walker Red, hoping night freezes away life’s pain. Then a bluebird alights on your shoulder, chirps a sweet song of hope, and you realize life is possibly worth living. But now you’re lost! Crikey—what next? Well, friend, dry those tears and put that hooch to good use."

http://www.backpacker.com/survival-l...y/skills/14757

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-21-2010
Banned

spiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralynn518 View Post
Sounds like an essential to be packed in the future...

\"Put that hooch to good use with these tips for starting a fire, treating
water, and even signaling for help.\"

\"So you’ve zigzagged into the woods to drink your sad self into oblivion with a fifth of Johnnie Walker Red, hoping night freezes away life’s pain. Then a bluebird alights on your shoulder, chirps a sweet song of hope, and you realize life is possibly worth living. But now you’re lost! Crikey—what next? Well, friend, dry those tears and put that hooch to good use.\"

http://www.backpacker.com/survival-l...y/skills/14757
Oh my Use your booze for starting a fire that is ALCOHOL ABUSE. Please dont waste good booze on starting fires......
Try this instead...... birch bark,fine steel wool, Pine needles,
all of these can be started with this................

Old 10-21-2010
GIMPY

saralynn518 is a splendid one to beholdsaralynn518 is a splendid one to beholdsaralynn518 is a splendid one to beholdsaralynn518 is a splendid one to beholdsaralynn518 is a splendid one to beholdsaralynn518 is a splendid one to beholdsaralynn518 is a splendid one to behold

I think you should write Backpacker and tell them hahaha Maybe they think you're lost in a desert? In that case, booze won't do you any good unless you want to blackout before the animals kill you. That also works if you are lost in a forest or run into someone who tells you to squeal like a pig.

What is that thing and how do you use it?
(and I don't want to hear anyone say "that's what she said!" because I already said it a bunch in my head while writing it)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-21-2010
Banned

spiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think you should write Backpacker and tell them hahaha Maybe they think you're lost in a desert? In that case, booze won't do you any good unless you want to blackout before the animals kill you. That also works if you are lost in a forest or run into someone who tells you to squeal like a pig.

What is that thing and how do you use it?
(and I don't want to hear anyone say \\"that's what she said!\\" because I already said it a bunch in my head while writing it)
Funny ...I like the part about blacking out before the animals eat you And the squeal like the pig I hear banjos playing

Its a magnesium fire starter. You take a knife and shave off some of the magnesium onto /near your tinder the strike the other side to create a spark. Aiming the spark to your little pile of magnesium then presto you have some flame to get your tinder going..... Keep one of these in you tool bag on your bike and in your camping gear. That way if your bike breaks down you can get even with it and set it on fire or you can stay warm while waiting for help. Here is a link they are about 5/6 bucks or so.
http://www.rei.com/product/407152
Old 10-21-2010
GIMPY

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderweb View Post
Here is a link they are about 5/6 bucks or so.
http://www.rei.com/product/407152

What's that? You said you'd buy me one since they are only 5 or 6 dollars? You are so nice!

Old 10-21-2010
Banned

Quote:
What's that? You said you'd buy me one since they are only 5 or 6 dollars? You are so nice!
I am nice! Contrary to popular belief
But under the present circumstances I cannot purchase one for you. You see I am from Michigan and live in a shack on tar paper alley. There is no work here no hope here. Im am the last one left and I was told when I leave to turn the lights out so there ya have it too broke and not a pot to pee in
Old 10-21-2010
GIMPY

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderweb View Post
I am nice! Contrary to popular belief
But under the present circumstances I cannot purchase one for you. You see I am from Michigan and live in a shack on tar paper alley. There is no work here no hope here. Im am the last one left and I was told when I leave to turn the lights out so there ya have it too broke and not a pot to pee in
I'm sorry you're from Michigan lol. There should be some cardboard around to insulate your place before it gets too cold.
You are lucky...they are sold out anyway
You can pee behind bushes and buildings!