Go Back   Ride Ohio > Special Interest > Camping

Notices

Camping Discuss campgrounds, gear, camp cooking - anything that relates to camping on a motorcycle.

Old 03-25-2011
If you say so.......

DIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant future
Default Hammock camping this summer

Got a good deal on a Hennessy jungle style camping hammock, gonna try that out this year. Can't see me sleeping on the ground after a long day riding. People swear that once you've tried these you'll swear by it. Looking forward to camping on my bike a few times this summer! Trips to WV and The Snake in the works.

http://hennessyhammock.com/specs-explorerDL.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Old 03-25-2011

johnnyd is on a distinguished road

Holy crap man! Are you a diehard or what? I'm thinking more along the lines of the Holiday Inn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

05 HD Sporty883C
Old 03-25-2011
If you say so.......

DIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyd View Post
Holy crap man! Are you a diehard or what? I'm thinking more along the lines of the Holiday Inn.

Lol, I love to camp! Holiday Inn is my backup plan.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Old 03-25-2011
Warning shots waste ammo!

Redtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyd View Post
You sound like my wife except the Holiday Inn isn't good enough. She wants a Hampton at the least.

Myself I think it's pretty cool and I would use it. Nice find Dave. I have a Brazillion style hammoch that I take when I camp. I've had some pretty good sleep in it.
It's 5:00 somewhere!
Old 03-25-2011
If you say so.......

I did a lot of research and shopping around, found it for 150.00 on fleabay shipped.

Gonna follow Ferret's advice and set up next to a big mobile home the first few times I use it.

Daddy's gotta eat!

Old 03-25-2011

johnnyd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtrk View Post
You sound like my wife except the Holiday Inn isn't good enough. She wants a Hampton at the least.

Myself I think it's pretty cool and I would use it. Nice find Dave. I have a Brazillion style hammoch that I take when I camp. I've had some pretty good sleep in it.
I agree, the Hampton's nicer than the Holiday Inn

I use to do that type of stuff all the time only with the quads. Who knows, I may end up with a hammock in my solo bag!

05 HD Sporty883C
Old 03-25-2011
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

MidniteRider has disabled reputation

I can see baaaaad things happening at Tanked if you're in that

Chasing the wind, racing the rain

Freedom Isn't Free Someone Died For It

I ain't no candyass fair weather rider

Anyone willing to trade freedom for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
Old 03-25-2011
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

LOL hammocks are "different" to sleep in. Can't roll over, can't sleep on your side, your shoulders get scrunched, and it's impossible for a sleep deprived ol man to get up 2 or 3 times in the middle of the night and get in and out without doing a face plant in the dirt a time or two. Of course you are not there yet. That one looks neat and I wonder how the bottom opening works? Have you set it up yet?

yep find a big camper, pitch your hammock next to it, and look cold and hungry in the morning LOL...always worked for me.
Old 03-25-2011

Jim has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
LOL hammocks are \"different\" to sleep in. Can't roll over, can't sleep on your side, your shoulders get scrunched, and it's impossible for a sleep deprived ol man to get up 2 or 3 times in the middle of the night and get in and out without doing a face plant in the dirt a time or two.
I'm with you on that ferret, there's no way I could get any sleep laying on my back all night. I'll stick with my little bity tent or a motel.

Actually the new Holiday Inn Express hotels are really nice.
'14 BMW R1200RT
'12 Triumph Tiger 800
IBA #30023
Old 03-25-2011
If you say so.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
LOL hammocks are \"different\" to sleep in. Can't roll over, can't sleep on your side, your shoulders get scrunched, and it's impossible for a sleep deprived ol man to get up 2 or 3 times in the middle of the night and get in and out without doing a face plant in the dirt a time or two. Of course you are not there yet. That one looks neat and I wonder how the bottom opening works? Have you set it up yet?

Actually, I had always thought the same things but thought i'd give it a whirl, I can't do the ground thing anymore.

I set it up in the basement and to my surprise I am able to lay almost perfectly flat and can easily roll to my side and almost my stomach. It has an asymmetrical shape that allows you to lie diagonally across the center and flatten out. It's definitely different, but I added a small pillow and was EXTREMELY comfortable. The ridgeline keeps the netting out of your face and there is a good 6 inches of space to either side of my shoulders. Pretty cool. Don't know if I'm sold on the bottom opening yet, it's a little awkward so far but I think when I can set it up outside between two trees it will work fine.

Yeah, no way in hell i'm sleeping in any sort of way that someone might crawl under me at Tanked!