Go Back   Ride Ohio > Special Interest > Camping

Notices

Camping Discuss campgrounds, gear, camp cooking - anything that relates to camping on a motorcycle.

Old 03-25-2011

Wingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond repute

Tank knows motels.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=white]..[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=white]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/COLOR]
Old 03-25-2011
It's always time to ride

wahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingjammer View Post
Tank knows motels.

Just ask Neo about that Bates motel we stayed at near Fancy Gap last summer.

Oh yeah. Can't forget that place in KY summer of 2009 where we found the interesting "reading material" on the way to the Gap.

Although, I must admit he found us a nice place in Harrisonburg VA on our BRP trip in July.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No matter where life's journey takes you.... there you are.
Not all who wander are lost.....
Old 03-25-2011
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

When I camp I sleep on a queen size air mattress. It is really very comfortable. The downside is that it is very bulky and very heavy to pack on the motorcycle, but I could not camp without it.

Occasionally I camp for fun, but more often I do it to save money. I'll stay in a $30 Motel 6 over camping any day. On most of my motorcycle trips I arrive at the motel late and leave early, so the only thing that really matters is that I have a comfortable bed in a air conditioned room.

Old 03-25-2011
It's always time to ride

wahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
On most of my motorcycle trips I arrive at the motel late and leave early, so the only thing that really matters is that I have a comfortable bed in a air conditioned room.
Although you gotta admit that place we stayed with Neo in Fancy Gap was pretty creepy.

Old 03-25-2011
If you say so.......

DIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant future

Quote:
When I camp I sleep on a queen size air mattress. It is really very comfortable. The downside is that it is very bulky and very heavy to pack on the motorcycle, but I could not camp without it.

Occasionally I camp for fun, but more often I do it to save money. I'll stay in a $30 Motel 6 over camping any day. On most of my motorcycle trips I arrive at the motel late and leave early, so the only thing that really matters is that I have a comfortable bed in a air conditioned room.
We do the air mattress when camping in the big tent with the family, it works pretty well. I picked this up to allow a little more flexibility on solo trips. I however have no issue whatsoever getting a hotel if the weather sucks or it's nasty hot outside! I like to be comfy after a long day.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Old 03-25-2011
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
Although you gotta admit that place we stayed with Neo in Fancy Gap was pretty creepy.

That place was probably the most unusual place I have ever stayed in. I don't think I have a single picture of the place. here are some pics on their site, but they really don't do the place justice.

http://www.countryviewinn.net/apps/p...lbumid=4474195

next time I will document the place better!

Old 03-25-2011
Bad lines, slow as hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinoh View Post
We do the air mattress when camping in the big tent with the family, it works pretty well. I picked this up to allow a little more flexibility on solo trips. I however have no issue whatsoever getting a hotel if the weather sucks or it's nasty hot outside! I like to be comfy after a long day.

There is nothing worse than laying in a pool of your own sweat trying to sleep after a long day of riding.

Old 03-25-2011
It's always time to ride

Quote:
That place was probably the most unusual place I have ever stayed in. I don't think I have a single picture of the place. here are some pics on their site, but they really don't do the place justice.
The first three were taken in Neo's room. The last one was the China doll in our room that I covered with my helmet because I swear it was watching me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00954.jpg (109.0 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00953.jpg (68.7 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00955.jpg (74.6 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00957.jpg (86.5 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by wahoo; 03-25-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-25-2011

Wingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That place was probably the most unusual place I have ever stayed in.
next time I will document the place better!

[SIZE=1][COLOR=white]..[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=white]
[/COLOR]
Old 03-25-2011
It's always time to ride

The place was actually clean and the beds were comfortable. It was just strangely decorated.

I'll be driving past the place on Sunday on my way to SC.... No plans to stop however.