Go Back   Ride Ohio > Special Interest > Camping

Notices

Camping Discuss campgrounds, gear, camp cooking - anything that relates to camping on a motorcycle.

Old 03-26-2011
If you say so.......

DIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingjammer View Post

Lol, I'm with Jammer. What the hell do you mean next time!?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Old 03-26-2011
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinoh View Post
Lol, I'm with Jammer. What the hell do you mean next time!?
That is where I will stay every time in Fancy Gap. $36 a night for a clean, comfortable room. Creepy dolls staring at me all night don't bother me enough to spend more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-26-2011

Wingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
That is where I will stay every time in Fancy Gap. $36 a night for a clean, comfortable room. Creepy dolls staring at me all night don't bother me enough to spend more!
PAPAW reserved us a place in Fancy Gap that makes this one look like Kastle De Elegant. Don't ask how I know.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=white]..[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=white]
[/COLOR]
Old 03-26-2011
Fat,Dumb,and Happy

Memnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond reputeMemnoch has a reputation beyond repute

Small pup tent with an air mattress all I've ever used.Although may check them hammocks out,looks pretty comfy, 'cept down here weaint got nuttin but overgrown bushes.
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16
Old 03-28-2011

Veho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinoh View Post
Got a good deal on a Hennessy jungle style camping hammock, gonna try that out this year. Can't see me sleeping on the ground after a long day riding. People swear that once you've tried these you'll swear by it. Looking forward to camping on my bike a few times this summer! Trips to WV and The Snake in the works.

http://hennessyhammock.com/specs-explorerDL.html
I would also like to do some tent camping this year so I am sorting through some old gear to see what fits on the bike. The hanging hammock looks like it would be cool on hot nights and dry. It would also remove the need to pack a mattress or pad to keep weight down. How small does it compress?

So far my gear will be a small tent

And a thermarest

The ThermaRest is great for those of us with back issues, and it has a chair option so a separate chair is not needed. My son and I used these tents and the pads during our scouting years.

My wife and daughter have a very different idea of camping which makes our family outings are a bit more complicated.

1980 CX 500
1982 GL 500
Old 03-29-2011
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

Old 03-29-2011
If you say so.......

DIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ferret View Post

I don't think that's going to be comfortable to sleep on at all!

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Old 03-29-2011
If you say so.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veho View Post
I would also like to do some tent camping this year so I am sorting through some old gear to see what fits on the bike. The hanging hammock looks like it would be cool on hot nights and dry. It would also remove the need to pack a mattress or pad to keep weight down. How small does it compress?

So far my gear will be a small tent

And a thermarest

The ThermaRest is great for those of us with back issues, and it has a chair option so a separate chair is not needed. My son and I used these tents and the pads during our scouting years.

My wife and daughter have a very different idea of camping which makes our family outings are a bit more complicated.

I hear you, i have a few back issues from time to time as well. Haven't had much luck finding a good comfortable solution for lightweight camping. I am really impressed with this hammock system so far, they have really put a lot of thought into this. Can't wait to try it this summer!

Have two sons involved in scouting as well, I am my youngest son's Den Leader. Lots of camping coming this summer, may need to let the boys have the tent and hang my hammock next to it.

Shopped around for a while and actually settled on a small tent and thermarest pad before I saw these. May still get a pad of some sort for cooler nights to insulate the underside. I am thinking my hammock will be nice and cool on warmer nights. I also opted for the larger tarp so i'll have some room to hang gear in a protected area. I also decided to send it off to have a side zip entry added as an alternative to the underside entry (couldn't decide which i liked better at the time, this way I can have both). As for packed size, it fits in the same size stuff sack as my rain gear, roughly the size of a pack of hamburger buns!

Last edited by DIO; 03-29-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-29-2011

Veho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
Thanks for the link ferret. The color and year are right but the timing is a little off. Decisions at work will have an affect until after July. Does anyone on this forum know the person selling the ST?

1980 CX 500
1982 GL 500
Old 03-29-2011
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

I don't, just saw the listing after reading your sig line.