Go Back   Ride Ohio > Special Interest > Camping

Notices

Camping Discuss campgrounds, gear, camp cooking - anything that relates to camping on a motorcycle.

Old 03-24-2008
Banned

spiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Real Camping ! Not for wimps.

Real Camping... Not for wimps. This is were my family likes to camp. No cabins, no RV concrete pads, no running water, no electricity, no pitcher pumps, no outhouses, No neighbors and their RV party lights, no yuppies playing bachee ball through out the campgrounds, no paved roads. Just a tent, peace and quiet, birds, deer, and black bear, two track fire trails. Ahh... now your talking my kind of camping.

Attachment 561

Last edited by spiderweb; 12-02-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-24-2008
TIME TO RIDE - RIDE ON!!!

HG has disabled reputation

Sounds like you love the place - good for you.....

For me, roughing it means the Hotel is one towel short in my room.

Hopefully, those miles put a smile on your face! It always does for me!
Old 03-24-2008
Banned

spiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond repute

Its good way to get your head right and dump the stress of daliy life. Even for an old guy but an air mattress is a must. Sleeping right on the ground is for 20 year olds
Old 03-24-2008
Warning shots waste ammo!

Redtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderweb View Post
Its good way to get your head right and dump the stress of daliy life. Even for an old guy but an air mattress is a must. Sleeping right on the ground is for 20 year olds
I hear ya brother. My sons and I went ona camping / canoing trip in Canada a couple of years ago. I was so glad I brought my inflatable seeping bag pad.
It's 5:00 somewhere!
Old 03-24-2008

Einzig

When you are that far north in Michigan, isn't that standard accommodation's
Old 03-24-2008
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einzig View Post
When you are that far north in Michigan, isn't that standard accommodation's
You have been here before havent you ? Some places offer an outhouse.
Old 03-24-2008
Warning shots waste ammo!

Redtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderweb View Post
You have been here before havent you ? Some places offer an outhouse.
That is if you're lucky. Some places it's BYO shovel. Been there too.
It's 5:00 somewhere!
Old 03-24-2008

Einzig

Prior to motorcycles, Gypsi and I did the 4 wheeler fun in the UP.

Last year I came back from South Dakota via the UP and rode as much as I could handle over the superb grating of the Mackinac Bridge. Now that is a trip to see the water SOOO far below!

Also managed to sneak in the "Tunnel of Trees" up there too.
Old 03-24-2008
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einzig View Post
Prior to motorcycles, Gypsi and I did the 4 wheeler fun in the UP.

Last year I came back from South Dakota via the UP and rode as much as I could handle over the superb grating of the Mackinac Bridge. Now that is a trip to see the water SOOO far below!

Also managed to sneak in the "Tunnel of Trees" up there too.
The tunnel of trees is the most curves Mich has to offer. I ride the grate every time we go across the big mac on the scoot my wife is squirming the whole way. My back gets sore from her beating on my back
Old 04-13-2008

Gypsi is on a distinguished road

As long as there is a creek I can take a dip in after a long days ride. I can deal with anything else.