Go Back   Ride Ohio > Special Interest > Camping

Notices

Camping Discuss campgrounds, gear, camp cooking - anything that relates to camping on a motorcycle.

Old 04-13-2008

RT1980 is on a distinguished road

My cousins and I used to go camping in the abandon strip mines on one of their farms. There was one spot about 200 sq ft that had pine trees so that's where we camped. That's been 30-35 years ago and I've gone camping maybe 6 times since I was 13. I would like it but my wife's idea of roughing it is Motel 6 instead of the Hilton. My kids want to go so I'll have to take them and most definitely an air mattress.
Old 04-13-2008
Fickle Pickle

jnor has disabled reputation

I didn't know anyplace in Michigan had indoor plumbing
Old 04-13-2008
PROUD to be UNION LOCAL24

easyglider is on a distinguished road

I enjoy camping with the family second to riding the wife ...I mean WITH the wife.Although I prefer to camp in my camper.No phone just a radio and tv IF there is a race on saturday night or a buckeyes game on .Other than that just a campfire and a case and I'm set.
Old 04-13-2008
PROUD to be UNION LOCAL24

easyglider is on a distinguished road

Oh and I forgot NO cell phones.My wife drives me nuts with her CONSTANT yapping all the time.She has talked sooo much on it that her arm has a permanent crook in it.
Old 04-13-2008
MOTORHEAD

jagr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyglider View Post
I enjoy camping with the family second to riding the wife ...I mean WITH the wife.Although I prefer to camp in my camper.No phone just a radio and tv IF there is a race on saturday night or a buckeyes game on .Other than that just a campfire and a case and I'm set.
Easyglider, it wasnt "roughing it", but my family had a spot at Lost Hollow down your way close to Old Mans cave. I loved it, we would practically spend the summer there. Campfire, TV and an fridge only for Pabst Blue Ribbon. when you have a fridge full the adults never could keep an accurate count.I actually graduated from Berne Union. Dont tell anyone. er nobody reads this stuff do they.
Old 04-14-2008
Banned

spiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnor View Post
I didn't know anyplace in Michigan had indoor plumbing

We have a special bucket for you Jnor....Its called the thunder Bucket self cleaning...... that means you gotta clean it your self
Old 04-14-2008
Banned

spiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagr View Post
Pabst Blue Ribbon.
Now thats roughing it
Old 04-14-2008
MOTORHEAD

jagr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderweb View Post
Now thats roughing it
i still love that sh*t. (PBR).

Last edited by spiderweb; 04-15-2008 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-15-2008
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagr View Post
i still love that sh*t. (PBR).
It was my fathers favorite back in the late 60s thru 70s its defiantly about quanity not quality
Old 04-15-2008
Total Motard

jasonk

hey spidey...why is that all your pics look like a red X to me. I can see others pics but yours always come up with the red X? I can see Gypsi's and I know other people can see your pics. I'm cornfuzed