Go Back   Ride Ohio > Commercial and For Sale > Rants and Raves

Notices

Rants and Raves Experiences with motorcycle related businesses - both good and bad.

Old 05-06-2011

Rustle is on a distinguished road
Default Geico

Hi All,
I know I haven't been around in a while. Back to work, life....

Anyhow. On Tuesday the 3rd of May, my brother Rick and I were coming home from Nelsonville (Mushroom hunting! ). I was on my, oops, I was on Kaylee's Sidecar Rig and Rick was riding his Harley. On the Lancaster outerbelt? just south of Rt 22, in the rainstorm, the Rig just died. Wouldn't start. Everything else would function; fuel pump; starter and lights. So I called Geico (after calling AAA, which now I find out does NOT cover M/C, unless I get the RV Coverage? ). Geico stated I would have to pay the tow fee, and they would reimburse me. It's storming out; we've been out in the woods for a few hours; and I"m hungry. What do you think I said lol. So they get the wrecker to me in 45 minutes and after paying the $294.36 for the tow. I didn't think I'd see the money in 6 Months, even though Geico stated 4-6 weeks. On Wednesday, Mayl 11th, eight days after the "situation", I received my check for the $294.36
Big props to Geico for the help!

Oh, AAA, um I canceled my membership on the 4th of May!
Old 05-06-2011

Jim has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustle View Post
Hi All,
I know I haven't been around in a while. Back to work, life....

Anyhow. On Tuesday the 3rd of May, my brother Rick and I were coming home from Nelsonville (Mushroom hunting! ). I was on my, oops, I was on Kaylee's Sidecar Rig and Rick was riding his Harley. On the Lancaster outerbelt? just south of Rt 22, in the rainstorm, the Rig just died. Wouldn't start. Everything else would function; fuel pump; starter and lights. So I called Geico (after calling AAA, which now I find out does NOT cover M/C, unless I get the RV Coverage? ). Geico stated I would have to pay the tow fee, and they would reimburse me. It's storming out; we've been out in the woods for a few hours; and I\"m hungry. What do you think I said lol. So they get the wrecker to me in 45 minutes and after paying the $294.36 for the tow. I didn't think I'd see the money in 6 Months, even though Geico stated 4-6 weeks. On Wednesday, Mayl 11th, eight days after the \"situation\", I received my check for the $294.36
Big props to Geico for the help!

Oh, AAA, um I canceled my membership on the 4th of May!
That's good to hear, I may have to think about switching over from Progressive.
'14 BMW R1200RT
'12 Triumph Tiger 800
IBA #30023
Old 05-06-2011
old arse grabber

oag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond repute

Sucks about the rig. Kudos to Geico. We dropped AAA last year after the left wifey stranded in the cage. They ain't what they used to be.
Old 05-06-2011
Avid Rider

Big Green Valley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
That's good to hear, I may have to think about switching over from Progressive.
Here's the guy to call for GEICO insurance in Central Ohio:

http://www.geico.com/local/mclegg/

He's also a sponsor for this year's Helping Hands Charity Ride.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Old 05-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by oag View Post
Sucks about the rig. Kudos to Geico. We dropped AAA last year after the left wifey stranded in the cage. They ain't what they used to be.
Sad truth, indeed.

Jim, Geico gives a multi vehicle discount as well. My previous insurance (Liberty Mutual), did not!

BGV, thanks for that contact. I'll ring him up when I renew my policy.
Old 05-06-2011
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

Geico has helped me out twice, both times with no problem at all. I never even had to pay the trucks.

I think they are super.

Old 05-06-2011
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I have been using AAA since 1990. (I do have + RV) and have used them several times with no problems at all. Just went and picked up more maps today (West Virginia, Montana, Idaho and Washington state). Also used them for Trip Tiks, and for changing my money from dollars to Euros and back for our Edelweiss trip last year.
Old 05-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
Wow, I have been using AAA since 1990. (I do have + RV) and have used them several times with no problems at all. Just went and picked up more maps today (West Virginia, Montana, Idaho and Washington state). Also used them for Trip Tiks, and for changing my money from dollars to Euros and back for our Edelweiss trip last year.
I might miss the maps and road construction, but I bet there are other cheaper ways to that info..
As for money conversion/changing, my money never gets to leave the Country.... with me!

Tank, I had to pay up front only because of the distance. Thank God we didn't ride to the Gap again! Keeping my eye "From the darkside of the street to the brightside of the Road".