Go Back   Ride Ohio > Commercial and For Sale > Rants and Raves

Notices

Rants and Raves Experiences with motorcycle related businesses - both good and bad.

Old 08-03-2011

K Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to behold
Default CCM Clinton County Motorsports

Well, took the FJR in for the recall today. Went to CCM's service department for the first time. Was treated very well, everyone at the dealer was very friendly. They finished the work quickly. The only complaint I have it that there are some small scratches in the fairing, that wasn't there when I brought it in. I'm hoping they will come out with a little work. One looks like it might be a little too deep.
This is the second recall on that bike and the last time I went to another dealer and they scratched the other side of the fairing. Fortunately I was able to get them out. I try to be understanding, that with the time limit the mechanics have on certain jobs, it makes it difficult to get the work done as carefully as could be. I definitely know about getting jobs completed within a certain time. Can be difficult at times!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-03-2011
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

I've not had any experience with the shop, but the "up front" people have been really attentive when I've gone in and the place is really clean. Two things I appreciate out of a dealership.
Old 08-03-2011

K Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
I've not had any experience with the shop, but the "up front" people have been really attentive when I've gone in and the place is really clean. Two things I appreciate out of a dealership.
I agree, and would definitely consider purchasing a bike from them if they have what I'm looking for.

"Don't worry honey, I'm talking in the distant future!"

Old 08-04-2011
Beer-Not just for Brkfast

shrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond repute

When I had my Yamaha, I went to CCM for parts, service and just 'cause I could. I've always been treated with respect and they have outstanding customer care.

If I ever buy a bike brand they sell, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

Old 08-04-2011
caelitus mihi vires

RSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond repute

Its refreshing to hear stories about good,honest dealerships.

With the economy the way it is and customers not beating down the doors with fists full of money to spend on toys, maybe it'll wean out the bad ones.

I have noticed that at my 'local' dealership, the nice-ness is now spewing from the employees as soon as you enter their parking lot.

Old 08-04-2011
Warning shots waste ammo!

Redtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVridr View Post

With the economy the way it is and customers not beating down the doors with fists full of money to spend on toys, maybe it'll wean out the bad ones.

I have noticed that at my 'local' dealership, the nice-ness is now spewing from the employees as soon as you enter their parking lot.
Yes it is nice to see the positive comments about outstanding dealerships. On the flip side I had to go to Middletown cycle last week to get a choke cable for the grandkids Yamaha PW50. It looked like squid central in there and they were not very friendly. It made me appreciate my Fairfield Honda dealer that much more and I even stopped in last Saturday morning to tell them what a great service dept and sales people they have.
It's 5:00 somewhere!
Old 08-04-2011
old arse grabber

oag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVridr View Post
If you're refering to Mid-O, They put the tire on for me Tuesday evening while I waited. I asked for the old tube back (they're still good for floating) and the guy brought out 2 and said the second one didn't leak. Nice people down there.
Old 08-04-2011
This space for Rent

Warlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oag View Post
If you're refering to Mid-O, They put the tire on for me Tuesday evening while I waited. I asked for the old tube back (they're still good for floating) and the guy brought out 2 and said the second one didn't leak. Nice people down there.

I like Mid O a lot. I go there instead of the place I bought mine.

Bill

My SPOT, his name is Fido:

Old 08-04-2011

Jsin has much to be proud ofJsin has much to be proud ofJsin has much to be proud ofJsin has much to be proud ofJsin has much to be proud ofJsin has much to be proud ofJsin has much to be proud ofJsin has much to be proud of

My bikes heading into CCM today, though my appointment is scheduled for Tuesday. I called and asked about bringing it early because the only way I had to get it there was my fiancees dad and he was heading to Sturgis Friday! They were cool about it. I'll post how my experience was once I get serviced. So far though the service manager seemed knowledgeable and shocked that my Road Star needed work.. said they are built to last without hardly any work lol. We'll see, hopefully just a couple hundred dollars to fix *crosses fingers*

If it's under my budgeted, I'll probably get a tire done while I'm there. When we loaded up the bike I noticed the rear tire is in worse shape than I thought. Worst case scenario I'll get it with my next pay check.

2005 Yamaha Road Star Silverado
Old 08-04-2011
backyard explorer

tdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond repute

damn! i have ta start being nice to my customers now that the economy sucks? geez, take all the fun out of my life.

tim