Go Back   Ride Ohio > Commercial and For Sale > Rants and Raves

Notices

Rants and Raves Experiences with motorcycle related businesses - both good and bad.

Old 08-04-2011

Wingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVridr View Post
Its refreshing to hear stories about good,honest dealerships.

With the economy the way it is and customers not beating down the doors with fists full of money to spend on toys, maybe it'll wean out the bad ones.
Yes, good to hear.
We have a little independant shop here in town, mostly repairs and service, some parts. Nothing but rave for them, husband and wife owned. I used see lights on in the shop well into the night with him turning bikes out as promised. Stopped in last week, they're closing their doors, economy has finally put them under. So, it's not only the bad ones that may be weeded out, unfortunately.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=white]..[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=white]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/COLOR]

Last edited by Wingjammer; 08-04-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-04-2011
Beer-Not just for Brkfast

shrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond reputeshrubs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtrk View Post
On the flip side I had to go to Middletown cycle last week to get a choke cable for the grandkids Yamaha PW50. It looked like squid central in there and they were not very friendly
I will not EVER step foot in Middletown Cycle. I even tried to warn a friend and now it's in his chit list too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtrk View Post
It made me appreciate my Fairfield Honda dealer that much more
Fairfield Honda has always treated me well also.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-04-2011
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

Middletown Cycle has always sucked. I still go in from time to time just to measure their current suck quotient, and it is always very high. Too high.
Old 12-01-2013

TODDFFF is on a distinguished road

I went to Clinton County Motorsports as I was shopping around for a new bike since I sold the wing. Well I decided to get a suzuki Vstrom after many weeks of deliberation. Suzuki was offering free panniers with the purchase of the bike for a limited time. Granted they normally cost $1600 to purchase and are crappy side cases but several dealers offered to take $1100 off the price of the bike. I contacted Clinton county motorsports and talked to Kent. He gave me a price on the bike I wanted and then I wanted to add a few accessories to it. He told me they can not discount the parts as they were a different entity than the dealership so I figured whatever. Then I asked them to see if they would take the money for the cases off the bike and they reluctantly agreed. It took me 1 1/2 hours to drive up there and when there we proceeded to take a very cold test drive and I liked the bike and was set to purchase. I brought a stack of $100 bills so I didn't need financing so it should be easy. We went over and looked at the accessories and agreed what was included was over priced or not what was requested so I asked him to go back to the original price quote before the accessories and he said no problem. I told him I would take it and to write it up. I went with the cute little girl to look at helmets as I need a new expensive one and some cold weather gear. The general manager came over with the paperwork and it didn't seem right so we went over the numbers. It didn't add up and asked why. He told me since I didn't take the over priced accessories, I would have to pay MSRP for the bike but they would still take off the cost of the panniers. I told him I was paying full price for the accessories, reminded him I was told the parts department was a separate entity and was already quoted this price before driving 1 1/2 hours up there. His response was he called the sales manager and he wasn't going to lose money on a bike. WTF? I asked how was he going to lose money by by honoring the original deal he approved before the accessories were added? Then changing the deal by charging me MSRP and getting the funds from suzuki? The difference was only $367 but I walked out over principal and was surprised they let me walk.The sad thing was the entire time I talked to the sales man, he kept reassuring me they were not like other stealerships and treated everyone honestly.

After I left, I stopped by Middletown Honda on the way home but they didn't have a bike I wanted. I did talk to the parts person and looked up all the parts for the Vstrom in case they got one in. I was shocked how much cheaper all the parts were there versus CCM.

I guess in the long run, they did me a favor as when I went home, I found a Triumph explorer with only 450 miles on it for sale on Craigslist. For $2000 more, I got a way better motorcycle I love.
Old 12-01-2013

Jim has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TODDFFF View Post
I guess in the long run, they did me a favor as when I went home, I found a Triumph explorer with only 450 miles on it for sale on Craigslist. For $2000 more, I got a way better motorcycle I love.
That Triumph is a much better bike than a Suzuki anyway.
'14 BMW R1200RT
'12 Triumph Tiger 800
IBA #30023
Old 01-18-2014

bcopsey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TODDFFF View Post
I went to Clinton County Motorsports as I was shopping around for a new bike since I sold the wing. Well I decided to get a suzuki Vstrom after many weeks of deliberation. Suzuki was offering free panniers with the purchase of the bike for a limited time. Granted they normally cost $1600 to purchase and are crappy side cases but several dealers offered to take $1100 off the price of the bike. I contacted Clinton county motorsports and talked to Kent. He gave me a price on the bike I wanted and then I wanted to add a few accessories to it. He told me they can not discount the parts as they were a different entity than the dealership so I figured whatever. Then I asked them to see if they would take the money for the cases off the bike and they reluctantly agreed. It took me 1 1/2 hours to drive up there and when there we proceeded to take a very cold test drive and I liked the bike and was set to purchase. I brought a stack of $100 bills so I didn't need financing so it should be easy. We went over and looked at the accessories and agreed what was included was over priced or not what was requested so I asked him to go back to the original price quote before the accessories and he said no problem. I told him I would take it and to write it up. I went with the cute little girl to look at helmets as I need a new expensive one and some cold weather gear. The general manager came over with the paperwork and it didn't seem right so we went over the numbers. It didn't add up and asked why. He told me since I didn't take the over priced accessories, I would have to pay MSRP for the bike but they would still take off the cost of the panniers. I told him I was paying full price for the accessories, reminded him I was told the parts department was a separate entity and was already quoted this price before driving 1 1/2 hours up there. His response was he called the sales manager and he wasn't going to lose money on a bike. WTF? I asked how was he going to lose money by by honoring the original deal he approved before the accessories were added? Then changing the deal by charging me MSRP and getting the funds from suzuki? The difference was only $367 but I walked out over principal and was surprised they let me walk.The sad thing was the entire time I talked to the sales man, he kept reassuring me they were not like other stealerships and treated everyone honestly.

After I left, I stopped by Middletown Honda on the way home but they didn't have a bike I wanted. I did talk to the parts person and looked up all the parts for the Vstrom in case they got one in. I was shocked how much cheaper all the parts were there versus CCM.

This is Brad from CCM. I wish i would have found this sooner so I could get our side of the story to the public. When we originally spoke with Todd on 10/8 we quoted him $8124+documenation, tax and title on a 2013 V Strom and he would receive the free bags from Suzuki. We also quoted him a windshield, skid plate and engine guards for $821. On 10/18 we spoke with Todd again and he stated that he did not want the stock Adventure bags and that he had been quoted $1100 off at other dealerships if he didn't take the bags. We agreed to match this offer for him. So at this point the bike lists for $8499, we are going to do $1,100 off which puts the bike at $7,399. Now most people don't know this but as a dealer we don't receive a credit for these bags. We have to get them in and try to sell them (Suzuki's policy, not ours.) We don't know how long we will have them so we are investing this money, not sure what somebody will give us for them and not sure how long we will have them. We are taking all of the risk here. So he came into the dealership on 10/27, test rode the bike and agreed to buy. When we went over the numbers he couldn't understand why he wasn't getting $1,100 off of the original price that we quoted. So we explained to him that we agreed to take $1,100 off the list price if he didn't take the bags, this is what we quoted him on 10/18.

Clinton County Motorsports has not bait and switched and never will. We are a Christian owned company and do business the way it should be done. We have one of the highest CSI ratings in the country for motorsports dealerships and will continue to do so. Thank you to those above that have given a true representation of our company.
Old 01-19-2014
Fickle Pickle

jnor has disabled reputation

I bought my Versys from CCM....They are great people, like Brad said there are 2 sides to every story....

Great place, good people !!!!

Old 01-19-2014
Fickle Pickle

Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (9.9 KB, 50 views)
Old 01-19-2014
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnor View Post

Dayum, that's bright!
Old 01-19-2014
Fickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
Dayum, that's bright!
It's all ur fault.....................