Go Back   Ride Ohio > Special Interest > Camping

Notices

Camping Discuss campgrounds, gear, camp cooking - anything that relates to camping on a motorcycle.

Old 10-20-2011

MrFurious is on a distinguished road

I look at it this way...why pay $60-100+/night for a hotel when I can renegade camp for free or stay at a campground for $15-25/night? I take the money saved on accommodations and put it towards an extra day or two worth of gas and food to extend my trip. About the only time I will get a hotel is if a) it's gotten really cold or is storming like crazy, or b) if I plan to take the next day off from riding to rest up, do some laundry and/or some bike maintenance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MrFurious; 10-20-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-29-2011

DeansZG is an unknown quantity at this point

This was at the Concours Owners Group rally campground at Canaan Valley in '07. Spent $5 for some visqueen for added security against the nightly wet stuff. Luckily, our campsite was on highground, but the group across the drive from us literally had a river running through their campsite on a couple of the nightly downpours.

Old 04-01-2012
Retired and Riding

Road Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond repute

In the winter... we camp in Florida...

OK - here is our setup...

Dry when it is raining. Cool with A/C when it is hot. Warm when it is cold in the north. Don't have to poop in the woods ...

Ahhh ... just a small Redneck RV Park in Florida!

Another view of our 37 foot home away from the winter storms ...

Another view at Gator Creek...

Besides that - I have a friend by the name of PAPAW who I ride with at times... those times are for strawberries.

Other times we go to restaurants where PAPAW flirts with the waitresses.

Then we can go to Daytona and meet up with other friends...

The only drawback is we don't have much time left to do it! (Over 70 and retired for 12 years...)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Retired and Riding for over 17 years on a small fixed income!

Honda said ride RED so I am...

Old 04-04-2012
Red Sled Rider

Nighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
Curious what everyone takes with them on the bike for a camping trip, be it a weekend or a longer endeavor. Mine is as follows:

Eureka Apex2 Tent & footprint
North Face Allegheny Sleeping Bag
Coleman Full Size Air Mattress w/pump
Soft-side cooler (collapsed)

All the above fits in my small Wolfman Expedition Dry Duffle and still has room to spare. Clothing goes in one of my side bags, and the other is used for odds and ends (tire repair kit, tool kit, rain gear, water bottles, etc.). Usually buy my food locally, but I have been known to pack a couple Mountain House freeze dried meals now and then. Can also strap another bag to the passenger seat if needed for longer trips.

A credit card, a bottle of Jack and a straw.