Go Back   Ride Ohio > Commercial and For Sale > Rants and Raves

Notices

Rants and Raves Experiences with motorcycle related businesses - both good and bad.

Old 11-07-2011
Warning shots waste ammo!

Redtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinoh View Post
Oh crap, news flash, CEO's of large companies (insurance companies in particular) do things that are less than ethical and engage in shady business practices.

State Farm dropped me like a bad habit after I was rear ended by SOMEONE ELSE.

Flo does that thing I like
We have been with State Farm for at least 20 years. We've had claims that were and were not our fault and never had a rate increase because of them. our house, bikes, and cages are all with them.
It's 5:00 somewhere!
Old 11-07-2011
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

MidniteRider has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtrk View Post
We have been with State Farm for at least 20 years. We've had claims that were and were not our fault and never had a rate increase because of them. our house, bikes, and cages are all with them.
Same here. I've been with them since I started driving in '80. I had a wreck at 17 that cost them 85k + and several small ones since then between me and the wife, not to mention 2 thefts. Rates stayed pretty much the same and I got a letter about 6 yrs ago saying they would never drop me for any reason. Last time I paid bike ins it was $304 for 12 month full coverage.

Chasing the wind, racing the rain

Freedom Isn't Free Someone Died For It

I ain't no candyass fair weather rider

Anyone willing to trade freedom for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
Old 11-07-2011
If you say so.......

DIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant future

Quote:
They were great when I was a customer. My parents were with them, I started my own policy when I was no longer covered under theirs. Had my share of fender benders, nothing serious. Then in 96 I was rear ended by a guy in Dayton and got a letter a couple months later that said my policy was being canceled.

Progressive has been good to me for 15 years. I have had a couple claims, the service is top notch, and the rates are competitive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Old 11-07-2011
Cheeky Bastard

magley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond repute

geico wanted $3000 a year to insure the XX, I talked them down to $30/month (went the liability route)

geico tried to double all of my rates back in 09, so i went quote shoping...

I got a quote from progressive for $8/month on the XX, and $80 a month for my 3 cars (full coverage on the STS, liability on the 68's) and have been with them ever since...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ŠUANE
Old 11-08-2011

mtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond reputemtnstar has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone on here besides me have Markel insurance? after shopping around for insurance on the spider a friend of mine told me about them, they only insure recreational vehickels! Anyway they have some of the best options for breakdowns of any of the companies I looked at. roadside assistance and towing up to 100 miles and they pay for a motel for up to three days if your bike cannot be fixed right away. Might come in handy for a couple extra days at the gap Tank!
Old 11-08-2011
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnstar View Post
Might come in handy for a couple extra days at the gap Tank!
I have that with Progressive also. The Suzuki would never break down, but now that we have a Yamaha we might use that insurance.

Old 11-08-2011

TimmyG has much to be proud ofTimmyG has much to be proud ofTimmyG has much to be proud ofTimmyG has much to be proud ofTimmyG has much to be proud ofTimmyG has much to be proud ofTimmyG has much to be proud ofTimmyG has much to be proud ofTimmyG has much to be proud of

Yes i have progressive also and pay $44 a month for the concours
13 HD Roadglide custom
Old 11-09-2011
Bad Example

zg1286 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I have full coverage on my wing from State Farm. $280 a year.
Same here. I have had many companies quote me and cannot even come close.
A few years back, I used Progressive on my Voyager 1200. Mainly because AMA discount. When it came time to renew, they jacked the rates by 60%. When I called, they said it was because there were alot of thefts in my area. The town I live in has a population of 1300 people. I asked, you mean they stole every motorcycle in town except mine?
Told them to cancel and have been with State Farm ever since, and at a cheaper rate than the first year with Progressive
Member The Backroom Executives Motorcycle Club Inc
Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders
AMA Member Charter Life Member #344314
Old 11-09-2011
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

Here is some more crazy stuff.

I got the Progressive papers today. In the discounts section I see that I get one because I have a motorcycle endorsement.

Then it list Skid and she gets the endorsement discount, PLUS a "responsible driver" discount.

Where is my responsible driver discount??????

My last motorcycle crash was on May 18, 1985!

Skid has crashed a couple of times in the last 5 years!

I might run a bit over the speed limit once in a while, and I occasionally ignore stop signs, but I think the important thing is that I don't crash.

Old 11-09-2011

Wingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
Here is some more crazy stuff.

I got the Progressive papers today. In the discounts section I see that I get one because I have a motorcycle endorsement.

Then it list Skid and she gets the endorsement discount, PLUS a "responsible driver" discount.

Where is my responsible driver discount??????

My last motorcycle crash was on May 18, 1985!

Skid has crashed a couple of times in the last 5 years!

I might run a bit over the speed limit once in a while, and I occasionally ignore stop signs, but I think the important thing is that I don't crash.
I may be wrong here Sir, if so please overlook. Don't you need to be moving at more than a snail's pace to crash?

[SIZE=1][COLOR=white]..[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=white]
[/COLOR]