Go Back   Ride Ohio > Reasons to Ride > Southeast Ohio

Notices

Southeast Ohio Things to do, places to eat, and roads to ride in Southeast Ohio.

Old 02-26-2008

05 sporty is on a distinguished road

i'm a noob to here but, i can verify that 536 is a challenging road. i ride a 1200 sportster, and if i wasnt 130 miles from it, it would be my fav haunt for sure. beware....disrespect on this one will cause alot of pain.
Old 05-30-2008

Gypsi is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the video. I think I'll see what Einzig is doing tomorrow and we'll head down that way weather permitting of course.
Old 06-23-2008
morpheous

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
So 78 and 536 are in the same area? Cool

Hey Morpheus & Weas...up for a road trip?
Yes....When? Need some strange. :smt054
Old 06-24-2008
Fickle Pickle

jnor has disabled reputation

536 is one of my favorite's also....i just was on it 2 weeks ago. Last Sunday one of the c.o.r.e. "racers" crashed on it, and last Friday a person was killed on a bike on 536.........just be careful on 536 and it's a great fun road.
Old 06-25-2008
Just Ride It

bugsz is on a distinguished road

I was on 536 last week with jnor, it's a great road, but many driveways, crossroads, and lots of gravel in places.

Motorcycles don't have chairs on them
Old 06-26-2008

Callred is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWalker View Post
check out "kiedaisch point park". great lookout, can see river for seven miles. located 2mi. off Rt.536 on C-43 .
I on vacation from work next week. I plan on hitting 536 if I get bored. I googled "kiedaisch point park".
http://www.monroecountyohio.net/tourism/recreation-leisure/kiedaischpoint.asp

thinks for the tip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-26-2008
Warning shots waste ammo!

Redtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond repute

536 was to be my 4th of July trip with some of my Wing buddys. However with ones M. I. L. passing we have changed it to later in the summer.
Cincinnati & Dayton riders I will let you know when we head up if you would like to ride with us.
It's 5:00 somewhere!
Old 07-26-2008
Warning shots waste ammo!

Redtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond repute

We were discussing this road today. It looks like we will go this year either as a Friday/Saturday trip or wait until Labor day weekend and make it a Sunday/Monday trip.
I'm looking forward to it.
It's 5:00 somewhere!
Old 08-10-2009

glazwegian is on a distinguished road

In addition to the gravel in turns & numerous driveways, there is an open cattle crossing on 536 as well. It's easy to see when going north to south, but not as evident when heading in the other direction. BE CAREFUL!

I agree 536 is an outstanding road, albeit very tight & technical. And Keidaisch Point Park is definitely worth a stop, too. If you don't know where the turn off is for the park, however, it's difficult to find.
Old 08-10-2009

Callred is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callred View Post
I on vacation from work next week. I plan on hitting 536 if I get bored. I googled \\"kiedaisch point park\\".
http://www.monroecountyohio.net/tourism/recreation-leisure/kiedaischpoint.asp

thinks for the tip
wow I forgot all about this I did ride down to S.C. twice this summer. I hit the Blue Ridge Parkway & Great Smoky Mountains. First time by myself and second with Marie She's a real trooper and she told me it's time to upgrade I Love her hehe