Go Back   Ride Ohio > Reasons to Ride > Southeast Ohio

Notices

Southeast Ohio Things to do, places to eat, and roads to ride in Southeast Ohio.

Old 03-16-2011
You Can't fix stupid

CUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
I don't worry about cops.

Cops worry about me.

I worry about you
Old 11-21-2011

Jim has disabled reputation

I rode 536 a couple weeks ago and thought it to be a bit treacherous with all the farms, homes and such up close to the road. The road itself has been heavily patched. This was my first time on 536 so I took it easy.

Here's an 11 minute video if you're really bored.

'14 BMW R1200RT
'12 Triumph Tiger 800
IBA #30023
Old 11-21-2011
Fickle Pickle

jnor has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
I rode 536 a couple weeks ago and thought it to be a bit treacherous with all the farms, homes and such up close to the road. The road itself has been heavily patched. This was my first time on 536 so I took it easy.

Here's an 11 minute video if you're really bored.

I'm with ya 536 is always broken up, with lots of gravel at the driveways, it, and the north end of 555 are way overrated IMO
Old 11-21-2011
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

MidniteRider has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnor View Post
I'm with ya 536 is always broken up, with lots of gravel at the driveways, it, and the north end of 555 are way overrated IMO

Holy CRAp...I'm gonna agree with Jnor?!?!?!?...jk

Chasing the wind, racing the rain

Freedom Isn't Free Someone Died For It

I ain't no candyass fair weather rider

Anyone willing to trade freedom for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
Old 11-22-2011
Fickle Pickle

jnor has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteRider View Post
Holy CRAp...I'm gonna agree with Jnor?!?!?!?...jk

ur commin" around
Old 03-26-2013
Roberto

alpine is on a distinguished road

I rode 536 last year when I was in Woodsfield for a Rally. It was interesting...too interesting ! , kind of dangerous , the pavement was broken in many places , gravel , cows etc... It is nicely twisted and it had great views at the end coming down to Hannibal. Took the bridge to WV and at New Martinsville took the ferry to Ohio and ate at the restaurant next to the ferry station (Good) and went back to Woodsfield on 255 .
It was a Great ride but have to agree the condition of 536 leaves a lot to be desired.

Roberto.
Old 04-25-2013
Retired and Riding

Road Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond repute

536 is a very technical road plus it does have pavement issues... it is even hard to take pictures as we rode it...

I love it!

Was there the last few years in October with a group I have been leading for about that long too!

Later we stopped by the bucket!

Then Route 26 and the covered bridges...

The Retired and Riding riders pose for a photo!

Nice roads in the Marietta/Woodsfield area!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Retired and Riding for over 17 years on a small fixed income!

Honda said ride RED so I am...

Old 04-25-2013

Tonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond reputeTonik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rt.536 The Dragon's Tail of Ohio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine View Post
cows
I came around a corner on 536 a few years ago and there was a bull in the middle of the road. I stopped, he dropped his head and sorted at me. Only time in my life I have ever drawn my weapon and pointed it at something. No way to turn around quickly, too narrow. He looked at me for awhile......all I saw was horns. Then he wandered off.