Go Back   Ride Ohio > Special Interest > Dirt Bikes

Notices

Dirt Bikes For dirt and dual sport riding.

Old 12-22-2007

ohiofathead is an unknown quantity at this point

Any of you guys try the Maxxis 6006?

I have the Dunlop 606 on now. It's my first set so I don't have anything to judge them by, but I doubt that I'll get 3000 miles out of them.
Old 12-23-2007

Buildit is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiofathead
Any of you guys try the Maxxis 6006?

I have the Dunlop 606 on now. It's my first set so I don't have anything to judge them by, but I doubt that I'll get 3000 miles out of them.
I've heard good and bad about the 606. They seem to ride about the same as the MT 21, but I've never had a set.

PT, that mt44 front looks like a real gripper for mud and grass, but how is it on dry dirt? I experienced some slip on tight turns on pavement with the Scorpian, not had it on dry dirt yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-23-2007

OhioPT has disabled reputation

The whole 1st half of this riding season was dry dirt (due to the limited rainfall), and the MT-44 performed well. Yesterday was the first ride where it was REALLY sloppy and muddy. It took me an hour to spray all the mud off my bike last night.

The 6006 is a good tire, although I've read a lot of people bitching about the front tire. It is less aggressive and more street oriented than the 606, so it will last longer. I think the Kenda k270 will last almost as long as the 6006, but offers better grip in the nasty stuff (but the front k270 sucks, so stay away front that). If you really never ride offroad (i.e., in the woods, powerlines, etc), then the 6006 is a good choice. The Kings KT-966 is similar to the 6006, and I've read a lot of good things about this tire for the rear (some people are getting up to 10k miles out of them).
'04 KTM 250 EXC
'03 KTM 450 EXC (for sale)
Old 12-07-2008

OhioTed is on a distinguished road
Default Mark, you've got a PM

Hey, Mark. Looking to get hooked up with some dual-sporters. How 'bout give my PM a read?
Old 12-04-2011

ktmdualsport is a splendid one to beholdktmdualsport is a splendid one to beholdktmdualsport is a splendid one to beholdktmdualsport is a splendid one to beholdktmdualsport is a splendid one to beholdktmdualsport is a splendid one to beholdktmdualsport is a splendid one to behold

I found this site if it helps anyone find a dual sport ride http://usdualsports.blogspot.com/
Old 01-02-2012

looking4dirt is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Ready to ride this spring

I'm more than ready to ride. Looking for trails and dirt road riding. I don't want to ride in a competition but more as recreation. Send me a message if anyone wants to plan something for the spring. I'm planning some basic trail rides for my son and my friend as well.
Old 01-02-2012

ktmdualsport is a splendid one to beholdktmdualsport is a splendid one to beholdktmdualsport is a splendid one to beholdktmdualsport is a splendid one to beholdktmdualsport is a splendid one to beholdktmdualsport is a splendid one to beholdktmdualsport is a splendid one to behold

So do a Dual Sport ride they are for recreation. Ones like Baby Burr if it looks to hard you can just go on, and not do that section. If you get stuck or break down someone will stop, and help. The best part is if you get hurt insurance will cover it, because your not doing a ride that keeps time or place. I should say at least mine is that way.

Here find a Dual Sport near you
www.usdualsports.com