Go Back   Ride Ohio > Reasons to Ride > Southwest Ohio

Notices

Southwest Ohio Things to do, places to eat, and roads to ride in Southwest Ohio.

Old 12-19-2012

Boggzie is just really niceBoggzie is just really niceBoggzie is just really niceBoggzie is just really nice

Looks good to me. Hopefully it'll be on a day I have off
Old 12-19-2012
It's always time to ride

wahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm interested.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No matter where life's journey takes you.... there you are.
Not all who wander are lost.....
Old 12-20-2012
If you say so.......

DIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidRavioli View Post
Count me in! I would even be willing to make it a two day ride and find a spot to primitive camp.
Squid,

You absolutely owe it to yourself to check out the Madison, IN area. Gravel roads everywhere, low creek crossings, it has everything. Google Bee Camp Rd. Madison, IN. If all goes to plan and I can find a cheap dual sport to supplement my road bike I'll join you!

The route i laid out could easily be expanded to a multi day run. I didn't even scratch the surface on the roads farther east and the roads along the river valley in IN.

Maybe we'll do a little ride swapping over the summer. We'll do a weekend in the SW, a weekend in the SE, and a weekend up in the NE.

Sorry NW, there is not enough caffeine in the world to keep me a wake riding around farm country. .

We are lucky to live in an area with so many great places to ride nearby.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Old 12-28-2012
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

Day 1 .... 125 to 41 to 32 to 73 to 104 to 52 to 125 to 246 to 50 to 133 to 52 to 743 to 222

Day 2......222 to 743 to 52 take the ferry to Augusta, 19 to 62 to 1504 to 62 to 1605 to 19 to 62 to 27 to 416 to 227 to 25

So many great roads and they can be covered in two days
Old 12-28-2012
If you say so.......

DIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant future

See, told ya!

This man does not own a GPS.

I'm going to have to map it out or I might never be heard from again!

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Old 12-29-2012
Dale Ty

Dale Ty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
Day 1 .... 125 to 41 to 32 to 73 to 104 to 52 to 125 to 246 to 50 to 133 to 52 to 743 to 222

Day 2......222 to 743 to 52 take the ferry to Augusta, 19 to 62 to 1504 to 62 to 1605 to 19 to 62 to 27 to 416 to 227 to 25

So many great roads and they can be covered in two days

I've done your DAY 2 ride almost the same in June 2010. Great route!
The approach to the ferry was tence, butt I'd do it again!
Old 01-24-2013
Beer Snob

SquidRavioli is on a distinguished road

I'm adding Seneca Rocks, WV to the list. Looks like around 360 mile shot (6.5 hrs riding time). Seems to be some great roads through the mountains there where the national park is. Plus plenty of camping or cabins available. We could plan a three day weekend to make that run.
Old 01-24-2013

Ultraclassicrider is on a distinguished road

someone needs to make this a "sticky" i too have been looking into a dual sport and would love a camping trip, be it a road bike or dual sport!
keep us posted Squid!
Old 01-24-2013
If you say so.......

Did the Seneca Rocks/Sprice Knob area on a long weekend jaunt last fall. I can't find the ride report I posted here, so here's the one from ADVrider.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729961

You'll not find better riding in our immediate area! I'd be in.

Old 01-24-2013
It's always time to ride

wahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm interested too.

No matter where life's journey takes you.... there you are.
Not all who wander are lost.....