Go Back   Ride Ohio > Special Interest > Dirt Bikes

Notices

Dirt Bikes For dirt and dual sport riding.

Old 07-16-2009
Mikey V.

mikey v has disabled reputation

Glad you got your title. I am assuming it is a title for a off highway motorcycle. If you want info on how to "street legal" your bike, lemme know. I have done 3 dirt bikes recently. It is very easy to get a street title, once you have the off road only Ohio title.
2008 Kaw. Brute Force 750i-- Cool in Camo

"Everytime I start thinking the world is all bad, I see some people on motorcycles, it makes me take another look" Steve McQueen 1970
Old 07-16-2009

DRM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey v View Post
Glad you got your title.
Try to keep up, I'm note SOCHUCK who was the original poster, I was just giving him info from another site.

2006 RS Venture
2002 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
1996 Vulcan 1500 Classic (son's)
Old 07-17-2009

sochuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM View Post
Try to keep up, I'm note SOCHUCK who was the original poster, I was just giving him info from another site.
Thanks to you and everyone else for the help. I was hoping to get allot of the needed documents by way of email while I am here. It looks like I will need to do some more leg work when I get back to the States.

Again Tango Mike
Old 07-17-2009
Mikey V.

mikey v has disabled reputation

Quote:
Excuse me, all to hell, for "not keeping up"
2008 Kaw. Brute Force 750i-- Cool in Camo

"Everytime I start thinking the world is all bad, I see some people on motorcycles, it makes me take another look" Steve McQueen 1970
Old 09-03-2009

DRM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sochuck View Post
Thanks to you and everyone else for the help. I was hoping to get allot of the needed documents by way of email while I am here. It looks like I will need to do some more leg work when I get back to the States.

Again Tango Mike
How is this working out for you?

2006 RS Venture
2002 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
1996 Vulcan 1500 Classic (son's)
Old 09-15-2009

sochuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
How is this working out for you?
Well while I was home and to keep it short, I have to get a court order from the county I purchased the bike. SOOOOOOO, I will just be riding on private property and out of state trails...
Old 07-20-2011

hillbilly is a splendid one to beholdhillbilly is a splendid one to beholdhillbilly is a splendid one to beholdhillbilly is a splendid one to beholdhillbilly is a splendid one to beholdhillbilly is a splendid one to beholdhillbilly is a splendid one to behold

Hey I've got a couple BSA 441 Victors I would like to git titled steet legal Mikey V .
Old 07-20-2011
backyard explorer

tdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond reputetdog has a reputation beyond repute

not easy to do anymore. go to your local title office and talk to them. if it was sold new with a title you will have to do a title search and find out who the bike was last titled to.

tim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-20-2011

DaveB has disabled reputation

Find a friend in Maine or New Hampshire. When you get that accomplished, let me know and I will tell you how to get it done easy and cheap.
Old 08-24-2011

jfvb1225 has a spectacular aura aboutjfvb1225 has a spectacular aura aboutjfvb1225 has a spectacular aura about

The state of Ohio, in their infinite lack of wisdom have finally figured out that they are not making money on things with wheels that don't or didn't require a title or certificate of origin when they were made. Some trailers and tow dollies fall into the category as well. Therefore, a notarized bill of sale or a cert. of origin can be turned into a title if the item is originally from Ohio and an out of state inspection must be completed if the item was purchased in another state (for an additional fee). The ultimate goal of this is to rope in everyone who wants to ride off road in state parks, so they can sell you a state park off-road vehicle permit (yet another additional fee) and charge you all the other title and registration fees in the process.

http://bmv.ohio.gov/registration_titling_apv_usv.stm

The thing to remember when dealing with BMV deputy registrar offices is generally they are as dumber than a bag of hammers, and very seldom know all the facts. They are not state employees and do not represent the BMV other than acting as agents. The BMV website clearly spells out what is required, and my personal experience when they tell you something ridiculous or impossible is to immediately call Columbus and tell them what happened and where. They have called the registrar I was at before and explained to them how they were wrong and I was right on my behalf.