Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > Ride Reports

Notices

Ride Reports Post pictures and stories about the rides or events you have done

Old 10-25-2017
Aged Beef

B-Mac is on a distinguished road
Default Kentucky Adventure Tour

On September 12th I put out a feeler to some local friends to join me on a KAT ride around November 5th or 6th with a longtime friend from Michigan who had just picked up a Honda AT with DCT.
I put on a fresh set of Mitas E07’s and recommended the same to my Honda friend Pat, along with a skid plate, engine guards, bark busters and of course heated grips for his new ride. It’s been almost 20 years since he has done any off-road but he is an old school MX’er & Ice racer from the 70/80’s. All bikes had a fresh set of E07’s except the KLR. Everyone seemed to like the tires and had no problems or flats.
Everyone met at Li’l Abners in Slade and rode the Slade Loop before dusk and then went for Pizza.
On Saturday the 5th it was a 217 mile ride from Hocking Hills, Ohio to Slade. The Slade loop was 35.6 miles of sloppy mud. Good Stuff.
On Sunday the 6th we ran the first leg clockwise to Williams, 177 miles with no issues other than me being unable to keep a stationary bike upright during trail stops. We arrived early in Williams early so we canceled our hotel reservations and jumped over to Matewan for the evening. KLR Geezer used his charm to secure logging at a B&B in town. Mexican food was the only choice of cuisine.
On Monday the 7th we rode Leg 2 to Harlan 194 miles with a slight detour due to the Little Shepherd Trail was closed and it was getting dark. Comfort Inn and “The Portal Restaurant” were great.
Next day leg 3 completed with more smoke and fires in the area. Pine Mountain Gate was locked so another deviation around the lodge area due to smoke. We arrived at Jamestown with 174 miles showing on the clock. Lite rain overnight will knock the dust down and make the trails interesting. We stayed at the only motel in Jamestown that is located at the edge of town. Jamestown will definitely NOT be an overnight stay on my next KAT trip.
Next Day 4, Jamestown to London, KY. 186.1 miles 6.14hrs move time
The last day we departed London, KY on the last leg to Slade. . We ended with a total of 925.5 miles completed and a KAT Lap in the Bag. Thank you Jeff for the route and the updates you provide. Enjoy the Crap videos, Crap Music. Enjoy, Brian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYRMQ6MkToM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byaqwk53grk&t=28s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOmLBgteWd8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=div4vrQzuVI&t=189s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q9hueQGLPs
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Mid Life Crisis Man

Danimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to all

Hey Brian!

Great writeup
Old 4 Weeks Ago
This space for Rent

Warlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond repute

Sure is a good write up. Hey Dan, how you doing? You still in country?

Bill

My SPOT, his name is Fido:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Mid Life Crisis Man

Danimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to allDanimal is a name known to all

Hey Bill
Yeah, still in USA. Lot has happened lately. Brief summary:
  • Gave notice at work. April 1st last day. Planned on leaving for trip on BDay June 21st
  • Sold my RX3 Adv bike.
  • Bought a used DR650 to prep for the year-long trip
  • Totalled the DR650 in an accident on the first weekend trip I took on it (5 weeks ago). Went through the windshield of a car head first I was told. Have no memory of what happened.
  • Am finally back at work, still mending. Left leg fubared. Will be OK eventually
  • Trying to get out of $$ hole the crash put me in.
  • Looking for another DR650 to prep for the trip

First time in several decades where I am bikeless
Old 4 Weeks Ago
This space for Rent

Warlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my goodness Dan! Prayers for rapid healing. So sorry that happened.

Bill

My SPOT, his name is Fido: