Go Back   Ride Ohio > Commercial and For Sale > Services Offered

Notices

Services Offered Post up here if you do any type of work on the side.

Old 02-17-2011
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

MidniteRider has disabled reputation
Default Carving classes

Donna is venturing out on her own and is offering carving classes. As of now they are taught at the Merry go round museum in Sandusky.

http://www.merrygoroundmuseum.org/index.html

Sandusky, OH--The Merry-Go-Round Museum will offer wood carving classes taught by Donna Grantham, expert carver. Currently working at Carousel Works in Mansfield, OH, Grantham’s experience translates into a keen appreciation of various types of wood carving.

...Classes will be held on multiple weekends beginning May 20-22, 2011 through the final class session August 26-28, 2011.

The introduction to woodcarving class will be held on June 3-5 ,July 15-17, and Aug.12-14, 2011. The beginner class will start with relief carving and is designed for people with little to no carving experience. Students will be introduced to the specific skills and techniques necessary to create a finished project, although it is unlikely that most projects will be completed during the session. Also included in the lesson plan are an introduction to sharpening tools, use of woodcarving tools, basic design and layout, and finishing techniques. Cost for the weekend is $400.

Intermediate classes will be held on May 20-22, June17-19th, July 29-31, and Aug 26-28, 2011. This program is designed for students with woodcarving experience to hone techniques. Class will include: building blocks for projects; creating a carving in the ‘round;’ sanding techniques on rounded surfaces; and a basic design for creating a one-third size carved wooden carousel horse head. Cost for the weekend of classes is $475. Price includes instruction and materials for carving, but doesn’t include the carving tools necessary. Please contact the Merry-Go-Round Museum for more details at 419-626-6111. Class sizes will be limited in order to provide individual instruction time, reservations will be accepted by phoning the museum after March 1, 2011.

Chasing the wind, racing the rain

Freedom Isn't Free Someone Died For It

I ain't no candyass fair weather rider

Anyone willing to trade freedom for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
Old 02-17-2011
old arse grabber

oag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond reputeoag has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea MR. Wish her nothing but success!
Old 02-17-2011
Ride, Ride, Ride

Chick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond repute

Cool!!!!!!!

If I was only 20 yrs younger & Dorothy had a job!
Old 02-17-2011
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick-a-Ri View Post
Cool!!!!!!!

If I was only 20 yrs younger & Dorothy had a job!
am sure we can work something out

Anyone willing to trade freedom for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
Old 02-18-2011
Warning shots waste ammo!

Redtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteRider View Post
am sure we can work something out
Better lock the daughter up.
It's 5:00 somewhere!
Old 02-18-2011
Ride, Ride, Ride

Chick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond reputeChick-a-Ri has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure the kid is safe, Donna in charge of this one!

The mind says WoW, but the hand just don't function the way they used to. Still determined at time to do projects I used to & wind up with disasters.

20 years ago I would have been first in line.

Last edited by Chick-a-Ri; 02-18-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-18-2011
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

[QUOTE=Chick-a-Ri;176067]Pretty sure the kid is safe, Donna in charge of this one!

QUOTE]

Yeah...she has all of those sharp chisels and horse whips

Old 02-18-2011
You Can't fix stupid

CUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond reputeCUZ has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think you can get her to carve me a set of melons
Old 02-19-2011

Wingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUZ View Post

Sick-o.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=white]..[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=white]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/COLOR]
Old 02-19-2011
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUZ View Post
I'm sure she could....but you'll have to pull the splinters out yourself