Go Back   Ride Ohio > Special Interest > Racing

Notices

Racing MotoGP, AMA, World Superbike - any type of racing!

Old 10-31-2013
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute
Default History vs the future.. 2 MotoGp seasons

In 2006 going into the last race of the season, Valentino Rossi had a 8 point edge over Nicky Haden. Rossi was just sort of cruising ( in 5 th place if I remember right) and uncharacteristically lost it in a slow left corner. He got up to rejoin the race but finished in 13 th place, while Hayden finished 3rd, ..giving Hayden the title by 5 points. Rossi won 5 races that year, Hayden 2.

**** Ironically the guy who won the 250 World Championship that year riding for Aprilia was Jorge Lorenzo. On another note the guy that took the 125 crown that year also riding for Aprilia was Alvaro Bautista. Both racing in MotoGP this season.

In 2013 Marquez has an 13 point lead going into the last race over current champ Lorenzo. This year Lorenzo has crashed only 3 times, but he broke his collarbone (twice) and he missed the German race. Still he won 7 races. Marquez has crashed 15 times, some of them spectacular, but no bad injuries, and only once during a race. He has won 6 races. Lorenzo has led 208 laps to Marquez's 82.

Chances are Marquez will cruise in the last race on orders from Honda, not take too many risks, in order to sew up the Championship. All he has to do is finish 4 th, even if Lorenzo wins the race. But if he looks back at history, and sees what cruising did for Valentino Rossi in 2006, he may have second thoughts. In 2006 Marquez was only 13 years old. Maybe he wasn't even paying attention back then, but if he was, I bet there are sleepless nights ahead for the young Spaniard.
Old 10-31-2013
FORMER Party Bus Co-Pilot

mojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond reputemojTX has a reputation beyond repute

Nice history lesson ferret!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-31-2013
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

I guarantee Marquez knows that race well.

One of the nice things about the MotoGP pass is you can go back and watch any race all the way back to 1992, so I actually just watched some of the race.

Up until 2006 I followed all kinds of motorcycle racing in a casual way. It was this season that got me stuck on MotoGP and had me watching every race. What a dramatic end of the season it was.

Yes, i am a Rossi fan, but I was kind of glad he crashed. I am glad Nicky won the championship.

You know Marquez is going to be geeked up. So will Lorenzo. Realistically Marquez has it sewn up, but like we saw in 2006 anything can happen.

Just finished watching Nickys celebration at the end of the race. By was he happy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-09-2013
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

Just read a quote from Marquez about running practice today. Said he was just cruising and had a moment and almost crashed and would have to remember that tomorrow and not cruise.

Tomorrow 8 am on 219...valencia..final race of the season.