Go Back   Ride Ohio > Special Interest > Recipe

Notices

Recipe Its here, and its queer.

Old 04-20-2011
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

MidniteRider has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinoh View Post
Seems like a great way to store it, the years I've been fortunate enough to get one I have to give some of it away because of a lack of freezer space.
ahem....I have a big freezer....lmao

Just kidding I usually get several so I have plenty. Gonna have to get em quick this yr. Once I have shoudler surgery...my season will be done

Chasing the wind, racing the rain

Freedom Isn't Free Someone Died For It

I ain't no candyass fair weather rider

Anyone willing to trade freedom for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
Old 04-20-2011
Banned

spiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteRider View Post
I can damn near everything else...why not just meat and gravy. Hell the longer the soups and chili and spagetti sauce sits the better it tastes.
Last fall I put up 46 quarts of dill pickels and some hot mix (Green beans, cauliflower, pearl, onions, carrots, Red chili peppers Green and banana peppers cukes) its almost gone
Old 04-20-2011
If you say so.......

DIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteRider View Post
ahem....I have a big freezer....lmao

Just kidding I usually get several so I have plenty. Gonna have to get em quick this yr. Once I have shoudler surgery...my season will be done
I haven't gone out much the last couple of seasons, no time with work and school. I didn't enjoy myself much when I did get out, kept thinking about work and school! Starting to get the bug again, thinking this will be a good year. I am going to keep this canning thing in mind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Old 04-20-2011
Banned

spiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I haven't gone out much the last couple of seasons, no time with work and school. I didn't enjoy myself much when I did get out, kept thinking about work and school! Starting to get the bug again, thinking this will be a good year. I am going to keep this canning thing in mind.
Tip of the day.......

If you don't have a pressure cooker and decide to buy one. Get a weighted gauge model vs a dial gauge. Reason is you have to test a dial gauge every year before use. Weighted gauge your good to go every year unless you need to replace gaskets.

Last edited by spiderweb; 04-20-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-20-2011
If you say so.......

DIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderweb View Post
Tip of the day.......

If you don't have a pressure cooker and decide to buy one. Get a weighted gauge model vs a dial gauge. Reason is you have to test a dial gauge every year before use. Weighted gauge your good to go every year unless you need to replace gaskets.
My grandmother used to have on that she used to make roasts, etc. Does it have some sort of release valve on top? I seem to remember it chugging away in her kitchen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Old 04-20-2011

Wingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My grandmother used to have on that she used to make roasts, etc. Does it have some sort of release valve on top? I seem to remember it chugging away in her kitchen.
We have one, and still use it......not to can venison though.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=white]..[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=white]
[/COLOR]
Old 04-20-2011
Banned

Quote:
Sounds like a weighted gauge cooker.
Yeah it makes a chugging locomotive type sound to it.
The weighted gauge will rock back and forth keeping the correct pressure.

Word of caution with the old ones just make sure the gaskets are good and the relief valve is not plugged. The real old ones have been known to explode on occasion if the common safety rules are not followed. Read up on them before using to be safe.

I just bought a presto 16qt weighted gauge cooker/canner for $64.00 at Meijer

Last edited by spiderweb; 04-20-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-20-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingjammer View Post
We have one, and still use it......not to can venison though.

Yep yep Roasts Hams, Soups, beans, Mater juice, Maters and the like
Old 04-20-2011

Wingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderweb View Post
Yep yep Roasts Hams, Soups, beans, Mater juice, Maters and the like
Makes turtle 'n gator real tender.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=white]..[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=white]
[/COLOR]
Old 04-20-2011
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

MidniteRider has disabled reputation

Quote:
It has a lot of advantages. I can soups, chili, spagetti vegies etc. esp soups and stuff..if you want them in hot weather you just open a jar and heat. Can them in pints and you have perfect take to work meals.

Chasing the wind, racing the rain

Freedom Isn't Free Someone Died For It

I ain't no candyass fair weather rider

Anyone willing to trade freedom for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both