Go Back   Ride Ohio > Special Interest > Recipe

Notices

Recipe Its here, and its queer.

Old 07-20-2011

hillbilly is a splendid one to beholdhillbilly is a splendid one to beholdhillbilly is a splendid one to beholdhillbilly is a splendid one to beholdhillbilly is a splendid one to beholdhillbilly is a splendid one to beholdhillbilly is a splendid one to behold
Default Venison Chili

I see y'all postin about chili and vension well every year I combine the 2. I take about 7-8 lbs ground venison,12-14 lbs tomatos, 7-8 lbs red kidney beans, 1 pack of onions, fresh jalapenas, chili peppers and red peppers, sometimes 5 lbs of mushrooms but not essential, then toss in some chili powder,paprika, salt'n pepper, some worchester sauce and I think that's about it. I take a 6gallon stock pot and after brownin the meat use the onions to tell when to add the rest of the stuff. I cook the meat,onions and peppers togeter and when the onions turn clear I drain the meat and add everthing else. I'll cook this all day then the next day start a fire in an old truck wheel and put a 5 gallon cast iron pot ona tripod over the fire and fill with the chili. After about 3 hours it's hot enough to eat. Add about 50-100 hot dogs and we have an october party for the neighbors and our sunday school bunch! Been doin this fer 7 years now and usually the chili is all gone when the foks all leave.

Anyone else make this much chili at once? Come on and git to know me and you might just git and invite!
Old 07-20-2011
Banned

spiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond reputespiderweb has a reputation beyond repute

Thats sounds great! Nice twist with the old truck rim and the cast iron pot.

Ive never made that much a once. I bet it would freeze though and be all ready to go for Deer camp

Edited ..... Never thought of the worchester sauce. Im going to add that to my next batch.

Last edited by spiderweb; 07-20-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-20-2011

hillbilly is a splendid one to beholdhillbilly is a splendid one to beholdhillbilly is a splendid one to beholdhillbilly is a splendid one to beholdhillbilly is a splendid one to beholdhillbilly is a splendid one to beholdhillbilly is a splendid one to behold

Yer right it freezes up just right but rarely does it make deer camp, never lasts that long! Last coupla years we didn't freeze a lick as it's all ate up at the picnic.

I add the worchester sauce when I'm brownin the meat, peppers and onions. That way it gives the meat a little zing. ANd I'm all about addin ZING!
Old 07-24-2011
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

MidniteRider has disabled reputation

That's about what I can every fall. Can it when it's cool and we have iot all year long. I do Spagetti sauce and soups the same way.

Chasing the wind, racing the rain

Freedom Isn't Free Someone Died For It

I ain't no candyass fair weather rider

Anyone willing to trade freedom for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
Old 07-25-2011
Fickle Pickle

jnor has disabled reputation

Old 07-25-2011

PAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond repute

DEER MEAT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-25-2011

My guess is jnor and papawof2 are city boys. Most folk don't even know it's venison unless I tell'em. Plus it's more healthy than beef as deer don't git fed hormones not to mention it's very lean, makes great spagetti, tacos and chili. But then you gotta be kinda manly to eat my personal chili and my guess is you two would blow chuncks from the heat not the meat!
Old 07-25-2011

PAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond reputePAPAWOF2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
My guess is jnor and papawof2 are city boys. Most folk don't even know it's venison unless I tell'em. Plus it's more healthy than beef as deer don't git fed hormones not to mention it's very lean, makes great spagetti, tacos and chili. But then you gotta be kinda manly to eat my personal chili and my guess is you two would blow chuncks from the heat not the meat!
I dare say I was grown in the country before you were born and been there ever since, that don't mean I'll eat walking road kill. If y'all like it have at it but not me. Oh I guess one can eat anything if you put enough S**t on it to cover the taste.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-25-2011

I bet you also went through the jim carnegie course of how to win friends and influence people too! you can always tell folk that's got that special touch with others. Don't bother me you not likin deer none ,just means one less fellar in the woods when I'm out with the .44 enjoyin life. Man's gotta do somethin when he's not ridin.
Old 07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
I bet you also went through the jim carnegie course of how to win friends and influence people too! you can always tell folk that's got that special touch with others. Don't bother me you not likin deer none ,just means one less fellar in the woods when I'm out with the .44 enjoyin life. Man's gotta do somethin when he's not ridin.
Keep huntin and keep ridin brother. If it suits you I'm tickled to death. Thats Dale Carnegie, unless he has a brother I don't know about.

Last edited by PAPAWOF2; 07-25-2011 at 03:02 PM.