Go Back   Ride Ohio > Commercial and For Sale > Services Needed

Notices

Services Needed If you have some work that needs done, but don't want or know to do it yourself, post up here.

Old 07-12-2012

Wingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by magley64 View Post
does dot 4 work as chain oil?
Now that would be just super thrown on painted parts.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=white]..[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=white]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/COLOR]
Old 07-12-2012
Cheeky Bastard

magley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingjammer View Post
Now that would be just super thrown on painted parts.

agree, if it's the slave leaking, that's gonna be pretty nasty...although probably much easier to fix...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ŠUANE

Last edited by magley64; 07-12-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-12-2012
Bald, Fat & Slow.

Pauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
does dot 4 work as chain oil?
Not so much. I would think that if he had enough oil to spray the underside of the luggage, that his clutch would have started to show signs of malfunction by now.. if that was the culprit.

Then again, a drive shaft seal leak on any Japanese ride is kind of uncommon. Unless the chain is wound way too tight.. and I doubt that. Tank seems pretty on the ball with that sort of thing.
Old 07-12-2012
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, my chain is way too loose right now.

I just bet you it is my clutch slave. It has only been doing it for the last 50 miles or so. So far no difference in the master cylinder window.

If I was not so lazy I would just go pull the cover and then I would know, but that would require effort. I'll do it this weekend.

Old 07-12-2012
Cheeky Bastard

magley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
Actually, my chain is way too loose right now.

I just bet you it is my clutch slave. It has only been doing it for the last 50 miles or so. So far no difference in the master cylinder window.

If I was not so lazy I would just go pull the cover and then I would know, but that would require effort. I'll do it this weekend.

come to the party, I'll pull the cover and check it...

ŠUANE
Old 07-12-2012

Wingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually, my chain is way too loose right now..

[COLOR=white]
[/COLOR]
Old 07-12-2012
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

How about that?

I decided to see what exactly was involved in changing the drive shaft oil seal and it turns out its no big deal. Take off the cover, remove the sprocket, remove the "oil seal retainer", and remove the oil seal. Put in a new seal, replace the "oil seal retainer", replace the sprocket, and install the cover. Done.

Guess this thread was all for nothing.

Old 07-12-2012
Bad lines, slow as hell

Quote:
come to the party, I'll pull the cover and check it...
I might show for the party, but if you try to pull my cover I'm gonna punch you in the ear.

Old 07-12-2012
Cheeky Bastard

awesome sauce...

not the punching in the ear part...

the part about your bike is easier to fix than you thought...

ŠUANE

Last edited by magley64; 07-12-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-12-2012

Quote:

Guess this thread was all for nothing.
No, not really. I'm still trying to figger out WTH a chain is on a real motorsickle? I know MoPeds have them.

[COLOR=white]
[/COLOR]