Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > Rides and Events

Notices

Rides and Events Post upcoming rides or events that would be of interest to the group

Old 01-07-2017
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Total Solar Eclipse 2017

As some of you already know, I have been waiting for August 21, 2017 for a very long time. On that day there is going to be a total solar eclipse at the Overlook. If, after reading this you thought to yourself "What Overlook?", then you can probably disregard the rest of this post.

I made reservations at the Gap a long time ago for this, probably 7 or 8 years ago. So many things have changed since I made those reservations - some of the change has been good and some has been bad. The Gap is a very different place today than it was then, and many of us are very different people than we were then. Hard to believe things can change so much in such a short time.

Anyway, I thought it would be awesome to try to make that kind of like a reunion week and get together some folks who have not seen each other in a while and just have a darn good time. The time period we will be there is 08/19 - 08/27.

Even if you have never been part of any of the trips to the mountains feel free to make a showing that week. One of the best parts of a week in the mountains is seeing old friends, but making new friends is a big part of the reason why those trips have been so awesome.

Anyway, I have started a Facebook group to kind of let people talk back and forth and share information. I know a lot of folks on here do not do Facebook, but there are more people on Facebook than there are on here so that is going to be the main place information is shared. It is a private, hidden group so if you want to be in on it let me know and I will add you if you are not already in. For those who do not Facebook I will repost anything important over here to keep you up to date.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-07-2017
It's always time to ride

wahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond repute

Have not been to the Smokys past 2 summers and need to get there. We also need arrange another midnight "photo session" at the overlook.

I'll check the calendar .....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No matter where life's journey takes you.... there you are.
Not all who wander are lost.....
Old 01-07-2017
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
Have not been to the Smokys past 2 summers and need to get there. We also need arrange another midnight "photo session" at the overlook.

I'll check the calendar .....
I'm ready! Santa brought me a new camera for Christmas, and not only does it have a monster flash, but it also has a slave flash so I can hit you with a flash in each eye. Might do permanent damage, but it will be hella funny so I am willing to take the chance.

Old 01-07-2017
Bad lines, slow as hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
We also need arrange another midnight "photo session" at the overlook.

I just realized that this is the perfect opportunity for that. This is the one day that us old farts do not need to stay up until midnight to do that! We can do it at 2:30 in the afternoon!

Old 01-08-2017
live life full throttle

swish024 is on a distinguished road

I would like to b added to the face book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2017

OhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud ofOhiaBoy has much to be proud of

I'll note it on the calendar. I would appreciate a Facebook add.

I don't have a bucket list, but my "Bike It" list is pretty long!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-09-2017
Bad lines, slow as hell

Ok, you guys should both have a invite in your email!

Old 01-09-2017
live life full throttle

swish024 is on a distinguished road

Got it. Thank you

Old 01-09-2017

Ohiodeere is on a distinguished road

A ways out yet... send me a facebook invite and I'll put it on the calendar.
Old 01-10-2017
Bad lines, slow as hell

You should have a invite in your email.