Go Back   Ride Ohio > Commercial and For Sale > Rants and Raves

Notices

Rants and Raves Experiences with motorcycle related businesses - both good and bad.

Old 08-30-2010

Jim has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
Motorcycles have chains??

Lube the drive shaft every 75,000 miles..hehe
I've heard you just have to replace/repair those BMW final drives every 10K miles or so.
'14 BMW R1200RT
'12 Triumph Tiger 800
IBA #30023
Old 08-31-2010
Fickle Pickle

jnor has disabled reputation

WD40................
Old 08-31-2010
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

MidniteRider has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by magley64 View Post
we're talking about bikes with \"horsepower\" in the high double and triple digits, doesn't transfer so well through a rubber band.
Maybe you better find out more about horsepowers before you post something like this. I know several people well over 120hp and no problems with belts.

Chasing the wind, racing the rain

Freedom Isn't Free Someone Died For It

I ain't no candyass fair weather rider

Anyone willing to trade freedom for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
Old 08-31-2010
caelitus mihi vires

RSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond repute

K-Y

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-31-2010

Bad324 has a brilliant futureBad324 has a brilliant futureBad324 has a brilliant futureBad324 has a brilliant futureBad324 has a brilliant futureBad324 has a brilliant futureBad324 has a brilliant futureBad324 has a brilliant futureBad324 has a brilliant futureBad324 has a brilliant futureBad324 has a brilliant future

I gotta give this stuff a shot, I like the lube/wax combo I use now but I usually only apply it when I know I won't be riding for a couple days in fear of the fling. What I really need to do is learn how to properly adjust a chain, I think the VFR needs a tad tightening and I doubt my 636 has ever been done
Old 09-01-2010
Red Sled Rider

Nighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Final drives

Yes it is true there has been some falure with them. I have been pretty lucky with mine 97,600 and no leaks anywhere.

Just lubed the drive line last winter. Had to damn near tear everything off the bike to pull back the transmission 4 inches.

Should hit my 100k mile mark this year for the bike and next year I will hit 100k miles I have riden on a BMW at 111,375. Bought it with 11,375 miles on it 4 years ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-01-2010
Geek Whackjob

mello dude is on a distinguished road

I run the ProHonda chain lube on my VFR800. It has both Teflon and Moly in it and is a dry film type. No sling off while rolling down the road. Super stuff. My chains typically go for 20k miles.
Old 09-07-2010
PROUD to be UNION LOCAL24

easyglider is on a distinguished road

I use K-Y on all my chains and mink oil on my whips.....JUST SAYIN'
Old 09-11-2010

maloy is on a distinguished road

http://www.tutorochainoiler.com/

This is what I had on my Versys and all I used was 5w-30 oil in it. My next Versys will get one as well. Wear on my chain and sprockets was negligible after 15,000 miles.

Maloy
Old 03-02-2014
Red Sled Rider

Nighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond reputeNighthawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
Yes it is true there has been some falure with them. I have been pretty lucky with mine 97,600 and no leaks anywhere.

Just lubed the drive line last winter. Had to damn near tear everything off the bike to pull back the transmission 4 inches.

Should hit my 100k mile mark this year for the bike and next year I will hit 100k miles I have riden on a BMW at 111,375. Bought it with 11,375 miles on it 4 years ago.

Well it's a couple years now. At 137k miles last year I did have to replace the seals on the final drive. I think it was do to a lot of water getting in the unit.