Go Back   Ride Ohio > Reasons to Ride > Southeast Ohio

Notices

Southeast Ohio Things to do, places to eat, and roads to ride in Southeast Ohio.

Old 11-29-2015
Motorcycle Road Enthusias

Akumu is on a distinguished road
Default Akumu's YouTube Page of SEOH Roads

Sadly, coming from Pittsburgh I can't do the Hocking Hills-Wayne's area, but I am THOROUGHLY familiar with what we call 'East Waynes' the triangle east of 77, south of 70 and northwest of the Ohio River. Specifically the area between Woodsfield and Marietta.

(I've also do 555/78/676 a few times a year, but 377 was being paved when I wanted to go on it. )

While I prefer WV/VA 250 from Huttonsville, WV to when it starts to straighten out before Staunton, VA and WV/VA 33 from Franklin, WV to the turn around point when it straightens out before Huttonsville, WV south east Ohio is closer and more readily ridden in April/late Oct/Nov when WV's roads may not still be up to snuff, due to snow. (Although, this freak of 2015 fall hasn't seen jack for snow in WV or SE OH.) Regardless, I'm in S.E Ohio at least 10 times a year for a 300 - 450 mile ride.

Regardless, I figured if anyone would like my YouTube channel it would be you guys and the eastern WV folk.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AkumuX

I'll be adding more next year. My contributions are also on motorcycleroads.us and motorcycleroads.com

I promise I'm not doing this for hits. It's much more for the people that either need a fix to get them through the winter or for the people that don't live in/near S.E OH and are curious about the roads, while not knowing if they're 'worth it' or which roads to prioritize.

As of next year I'll be updating my annotations on the YouTube videos with current road conditions and construction. (I already did this for some.)

I've been a long time lurker, and will stay so. Just hope some people get some use out of my time spent.

Thanks!

...and I used to have a Galaxy Silver ZZR1200 just like the one the got pulled over in the banner at the top of the forums here.

Last edited by Akumu; 11-29-2015 at 05:47 PM.