Go Back   Ride Ohio > Commercial and For Sale > Rants and Raves

Notices

Rants and Raves Experiences with motorcycle related businesses - both good and bad.

Old 11-07-2011
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Geico VS Progressive

We have been with Geico on our motorcycles for many years. They have given us great service and I have been very happy with them.

Then we bought the FZ6R.

The day we bought it we called to get it added on, and found that they wanted $1,700 per year to insure the FZ6R. To say we were shocked would not impress upon you the feelings we had at the time. $1,700 for just that motorcycle. Around $500 more for the other two, for a total of $2,200 per year.

I got a quote from Progressive and we are now paying $410 per year for my Suzuki and the FZ6R.

When I called Geico to cancel they said they were in the process of reworking their pricing on high performance motorcycles and said they would lower the price to $900 per year.

I still decided to stay with Progressive at $410.

The lesson I have learned is that Geico has no interest at all in insuring a sport bike. They don't even want to insure something that kind of looks kind of like a sport bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-07-2011
Warning shots waste ammo!

Redtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond repute

I have full coverage on my wing from State Farm. $280 a year.
It's 5:00 somewhere!
Old 11-07-2011
If you say so.......

DIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant future

My bike is insured through Progressive, $115 per year. Both of my cars also, and I'm in the process of getting a homeowners insurance quote.

Oh, and me and Flo are totally doing it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Old 11-07-2011
Warning shots waste ammo!

Redtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond reputeRedtrk has a reputation beyond repute

It's 5:00 somewhere!
Old 11-07-2011
If you say so.......

DIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant futureDIO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtrk View Post
Oh crap, news flash, CEO's of large companies (insurance companies in particular) do things that are less than ethical and engage in shady business practices.

State Farm dropped me like a bad habit after I was rear ended by SOMEONE ELSE.

Flo does that thing I like

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Old 11-07-2011

Wingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
We have been with Geico on our motorcycles for many years. They have given us great service and I have been very happy with them.

Then we bought the FZ6R.

The day we bought it we called to get it added on, and found that they wanted $1,700 per year to insure the FZ6R. To say we were shocked would not impress upon you the feelings we had at the time. $1,700 for just that motorcycle. Around $500 more for the other two, for a total of $2,200 per year.

I got a quote from Progressive and we are now paying $410 per year for my Suzuki and the FZ6R.

When I called Geico to cancel they said they were in the process of reworking their pricing on high performance motorcycles and said they would lower the price to $900 per year.

I still decided to stay with Progressive at $410.

The lesson I have learned is that Geico has no interest at all in insuring a sport bike. They don't even want to insure something that kind of looks kind of like a sport bike.
Could it be they were figuring medicial included?

I changed a couple of years ago from Progressive to Allstate.
The '03 is $134 and the '08 is $166, totals $300 and pocket change annually. Includes $2500 on each one for add-on's, as well as trailers covered when attached to the bike(s). We do have all properties and cages with Allstate, so that helps somewhat. My independent agent has a list of models he will not write policies on. The insurance companies he represents might insure them, he doesn't want the claim headaches.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=white]..[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=white]
[/COLOR]
Old 11-07-2011
Bald, Fat & Slow.

Pauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond repute

I insure 2 Ducatis and a scooter through Geico and I pay ~$377/year, full coverage on all three bikes. I love Geico, but they couldn't beat Progressive on our Subarus.
Old 11-07-2011

Wingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond reputeWingjammer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtrk View Post
Oh, yes that too. At the time I changed I wasn't aware of it.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=white]..[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=white]
[/COLOR]
Old 11-07-2011
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

I am surprised they are reasonable on Ducatis.

Maybe they just got tired of us. I threw the chain and they totalled my first Vstrom. Then I flattened out both wheels on my new one.

Skid crashed her bike twice.

Progressive reminded me of the speeding ticket pictured on the header of the site and my little incident with a stop sign in Middlefield, but I explained to them that I no longer have any need for speed and thrills and I have been living life on the straight and narrow now.

Old 11-07-2011
caelitus mihi vires

RSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond repute

$2200 a year is insane. Even if you guys were 19year olds on r-1's,that would be crazy. We had State Farm for years but last year, switched to Progressive on the bikes,car and trucks on the advice of our agent and saved several hundred a year and got better coverage. I hope, if and when, we have to use it,it will be as good as StateFarm was.