Go Back   Ride Ohio > Commercial and For Sale > Rants and Raves

Notices

Rants and Raves Experiences with motorcycle related businesses - both good and bad.

Old 09-10-2009

Einzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny View Post
I remember that.....Thought you were gonna put the wing on autopilot and jump through his window. It was pretty funny

Uh OH! Didn't know that happened with THIS group! How my memory is fading...

Did really want to utilize the armor on those gloves for something beside asphalt deflection!
Old 09-11-2009
"Lil Hitler"

johnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einzig View Post
Uh OH! Didn't know that happened with THIS group! How my memory is fading...

Did really want to utilize the armor on those gloves for something beside asphalt deflection!
Yup...think it was when we went to eat. Not sure if it was on the way there or the way back. Think on the way there, cuz Moto was with you on the way back right? Crap....now my memory is going too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-11-2009
Total Motard

jasonk

Quote:
Yup...think it was when we went to eat. Not sure if it was on the way there or the way back. Think on the way there, cuz Moto was with you on the way back right? Crap....now my memory is going too
threadjack! Did you sell your bike Johnny? Any closer to a replacement?
Old 09-11-2009
"Lil Hitler"

johnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonk View Post
threadjack! Did you sell your bike Johnny? Any closer to a replacement?
No sale. Think I'm probably gonna keep it, mod the crap outta it (in the process of painting it now, pipes, power commander etc...) and maybe just getting a tourer next spring. But for now....I bought the Ventura Luggage System for it so I can pack all kinds of crap on it for the long hauls (Gap at the end of Sept). I know I'd miss the hell outta of it if it was gone. Unless someone makes me an offer I cant refuse.

Old 09-11-2009
Total Motard

jasonk

Quote:
No sale. Think I'm probably gonna keep it, mod the crap outta it (in the process of painting it now, pipes, power commander etc...) and maybe just getting a tourer next spring. But for now....I bought the Ventura Luggage System for it so I can pack all kinds of crap on it for the long hauls (Gap at the end of Sept). I know I'd miss the hell outta of it if it was gone. Unless someone makes me an offer I cant refuse.
i have the same problem...i just had a killer ride on the fjr and i don't think i can get rid of it. If I can get the suspension dialed in a bit I'd take that thing on the track. It's all stock and has 40k on it so i know the suspension could use some work....maybe just new springs in the front and have someone who knows what they are doing help me tune it. Doubt I'll go full monty on it and have new valving etc.
Old 09-12-2009

JeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant futureJeepMaker has a brilliant future

There's just a lot of stupid people driving around anymore, (and voting too, but that's for another thread).

I had 2 slow speed "dodge the idiot in the car/truck" encounters this year. First one, I am in slow, stop and go traffic, multi-lane road and this old guy, looked to be about 10000 years old just starts moving right over....on top of me.
I was able to swing left and stop to let him in. THEN he looks in his mirror and sees me. I try hard not to get angry with old people because hopefully, we'll all get there some day. I just shook my head.

Next one, I am almost home from a ride, on a side street about 2 blocks from home. Guy in a huge Ford F250 pickup is BACKED into his driveway facing the street I'm on. Just as I'm about to pass his driveway he pulls out! Missed me by about 6 inches. He never looked before pulling out, either that or I had my cloaking device engaged.
When he noticed me he looked like he was gonna wet himself.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."- Alexis de Tocqueville
Old 06-07-2010

Prob3r is on a distinguished road

Im starting to hate people this year... so far two close calls. First one was on 270 West by georgesville road. a lady in the FAR right lane decides to jump 3 lanes to turn around in an area that doesnt allow u-turns... No blinker no hesitation between lanes just straight jumped 3 lanes with teh brakes locked up. I was in the process of passing a semi so I didnt see her until she was in my lane and the semi was locking up the tires. So I had the bike on the Front tire just to try and avoid her... Only exit I had was to split the lane between her and the semi and ended up cracking my knee on her rearview mirror.

Second one was on Saturday when I got caught in the rain. I was exiting on 71 and some guy comes out around me then decides he would like to occupy the same space I am and changes lanes right into me... He ran me into a puddle on the shoulder of the road and the rear of the bike hydro'd. I fluttered the throttle and the bike started to head downward so I just reached down and stomped the ground to stand it back up. I managed somehow to keep the bike shiney side up... Once we hit the light at the end of the exit ramp I rolled up on the shoulder and gave the guy and earfull. He ran the redlight and made a left on 62 before I did something I was going to regret later. Good news is as he ran the light there was a cop sitting in a parking lot within eye shot and spotted him running the light. He pulled out behind the guy and flipped the lights on. Made me feel a little better... except now I have a huge knot on the inside of my thigh about the size of a golf ball from a pulled muscle. I hate people sometimes...
Old 06-07-2010
Cheeky Bastard

magley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond repute

I have had quite a few close calls myself. Maintaining the motto "ride like you're invisible" I've been fortunate enough to stay upright and not hit anything.

ŠUANE
Old 06-12-2010

madkawrider is on a distinguished road
Cool

I've always ride with this statement in my mind....."I'M OUT TO HAVE A GOOD TIME,.... BUT EVERY OTHER PERSON ON THE ROAD IS OUT TO KILL ME." Be safe out there...
Old 06-13-2010

GregT is on a distinguished road

Just got back from a ride. Got within 2 miles from home with no problems. Coming the other way is an atv with two kids on it, some a-hole tries to pass it , sees me coming, wips back into his lane and runs kids into ditch. Lucky everyone is still alive.