Go Back   Ride Ohio > Commercial and For Sale > Rants and Raves

Notices

Rants and Raves Experiences with motorcycle related businesses - both good and bad.

Old 05-25-2010
caelitus mihi vires

RSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond reputeRSVridr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Those who have real Mortorcycles

If you are riding a bike that has a chain you may want to give this a try. http://www2.dupont.com/Consumer_Lubricants/en_US/products/dryfilm.html
I have only used the multi-use and not the chain saver.
I have always used Torco 'powerslide' in the past but it has become a pain to find.
So after reading this review on webbikeworld http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/motorcycle-chain-lube/dupont-teflon-chain-lube.htm , I decided to give it a try. After almost a year now, I have to agree with WBW, I love this stuff. It lubes,drys nice and doesn't fling off at all. I did stray away and tried a new 'synthetic' chain lube from PJ1,big mistake.....never got tacky and flung everywhere. I immediately went to Lowes and bought 2 cans of Multi-use (for alot cheaper than the PJ1). I won't stray away again. I pretty good about adjusting,cleaning and lubing my chains and have noticed like the Torco powerslide, the chain stay alot cleaner and do not seem to pickup alot of dirt and clean up with (wd40) or (diesel fuel) very quickly unlike the commerical motorcycle lubes out there.
Works great on locks too- never had any of my outdoor locks freeze up this winter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-25-2010
and can't be found!

Lost1888 is on a distinguished road

I have a can of the Teflon lube. It does work good. The only down fall is if you ride in the rain it comes off rather quickly. So I use it in the summer and Chain wax the rest of the season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My primary complaint is when people ride poorly no matter what the speed. -Tank-
Old 05-25-2010

Lockman02 is on a distinguished road

Real Motorcycles?.....LOL so what exactly have I been riding for the last couple years?
Old 05-25-2010
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting time to post this!

I just finished my evaluation of this product!

My previous lube of choice was Maxima Chain Wax. It was the least messy product that gave me good chain life. It works as good as anything I have ever used.

Last year I started using this Teflon stuff. By far the cleanest thing I have ever used. No fling off at all. I agree with Lost, it does not seem to hold up as well in the rain. It also seems to need more frequent application.

I can also say that its lubricating qualities are not as good as Maxima. Its not terrible, but you will get longer life from your chain with Maxima. My sprockets showed far more wear than I have ever had before on a Vstrom.

The chain set lasted almost exactly as long as my last chain set, but my previous set suffered a few cases of extreme abuse.

Its a good product - it just depends on what your preferences are. Teflon is absolutely clean with zero fling, but I would guess your chain will only go 90% as far as it would with Maxima.

I still have not decided which I will use this year. I have one can of Maxima and 5 1/2 cans of Teflon, so that may figure in also!

Old 05-25-2010
flatlander

Passinthru is an unknown quantity at this point

How many miles are you guys getting from a chain. I use the Maxima chain wax and get 30,000+.
Old 05-25-2010

Jim has disabled reputation

I've been using the Dupont Teflon on the Versys, chain stays clean and no fling off. As far as chain life time will tell. I think Kawasaki says to lube about every 300 miles but realistically it's probably more like 500 miles for me.
'14 BMW R1200RT
'12 Triumph Tiger 800
IBA #30023
Old 05-26-2010
and can't be found!

Lost1888 is on a distinguished road

The worst lube I've used I'd the Suzuki stuff.

As far as life Idk to be honest. Right now I have just under 12k on my chain no tight spots and next to no stretch I also lube ever 500 and clean with kerosene and a tooth brush. So that works out to 5 days riding to and from work and once on the weekend.
BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.175 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105