Go Back   Ride Ohio > Reasons to Ride > Northeast Ohio

Notices

Northeast Ohio Things to do, places to eat, and roads to ride in Northeast Ohio.

Old 06-13-2012

conn-e-rot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
If you could pull them yourself, I charge $20/wheel. Can the Vision be lifted with a regular motorcycle/atv jack? If so, I can borrow a co-worker's. He lifts his 2009 RoadKing with it.

I would probably do it for $50/rear and $35/front, plus $2.50/each for disposal. ($90, total)
A normal motorcycle/atv jack will work but have to have tool to set belt tension. I plan on buying a jack and the tool to set the belt but not right away.
Old 06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepair View Post
Good excuse to buy some tools and DIY!
I plan on it but just not right at the moment.
Old 06-13-2012
Let's hit it!

redrunner has a reputation beyond reputeredrunner has a reputation beyond reputeredrunner has a reputation beyond reputeredrunner has a reputation beyond reputeredrunner has a reputation beyond reputeredrunner has a reputation beyond reputeredrunner has a reputation beyond reputeredrunner has a reputation beyond reputeredrunner has a reputation beyond reputeredrunner has a reputation beyond reputeredrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Lol..I often think of getting a tire changer just for my friends and relations...anyway

Al at Lake eire lawn and garden is really good IF you know him..kinda off a bit...lol

J & R off tyler is $40 off the bike but bedside manor is an issue there too... I have heard good things about the Yamaha place in Geneva as stated....

Hell not sure what Goblin cycle charges prolly alot..

My forefinger is my belt tension adjuster...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An old man once told me that the only thing that comes close to the smell of a new motorcycle is the smell of a stripper at closing time.
Old 06-13-2012

TimmyG has much to be proud ofTimmyG has much to be proud ofTimmyG has much to be proud ofTimmyG has much to be proud ofTimmyG has much to be proud ofTimmyG has much to be proud ofTimmyG has much to be proud ofTimmyG has much to be proud ofTimmyG has much to be proud of

I dont know about victory but can-am uses a $600 sonic belt tension tool

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
13 HD Roadglide custom
Old 06-13-2012
Bald, Fat & Slow.

Pauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond repute

I put lots of tires on belt drive bikes without a special tool. I don't even use a hertz meter for Ducati belts. Been doing it long enough that I know what a properly tensioned belt should feel like.

I put tires on Likwid's VRod last spring. No special tool in the garage that I can recall, except maybe Lkwid, himself. LoL
Old 06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
I put lots of tires on belt drive bikes without a special tool. I don't even use a hertz meter for Ducati belts. Been doing it long enough that I know what a properly tensioned belt should feel like.

I put tires on Likwid's VRod last spring. No special tool in the garage that I can recall, except maybe Lkwid, himself. LoL
Cool that works for me
I have some miles left in the tires but not a whole lot I'll be getting with you soon
Old 06-13-2012
Cheeky Bastard

magley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond repute

A Big +1 for pauly, I don't let anyone else touch my tires anymore.

order a set, and ship em down there, could be a fun ride depending on route

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ŠUANE

Last edited by magley64; 06-13-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-13-2012

neohiofan is a splendid one to beholdneohiofan is a splendid one to beholdneohiofan is a splendid one to beholdneohiofan is a splendid one to beholdneohiofan is a splendid one to beholdneohiofan is a splendid one to behold

I'm not lettin Pauly test ride my bike after a tire change though after reading his ride report on the BRP!
Old 06-18-2012
"Lil Hitler"

johnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond reputejohnny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrunner View Post
Lol..I often think of getting a tire changer just for my friends and relations...anyway

Al at Lake eire lawn and garden is really good IF you know him..kinda off a bit...lol

J & R off tyler is $40 off the bike but bedside manor is an issue there too... I have heard good things about the Yamaha place in Geneva as stated....

Hell not sure what Goblin cycle charges prolly alot..

My forefinger is my belt tension adjuster...
Al is definately a character....He was kind of cranky the first time i spoke with him, but after a few minutes, I couldnt get him to shut up...man did he have a lot of stories about "when he was younger". I've taken every bike I've had there there since the BMW....no complaints here