Go Back   Ride Ohio > Reasons to Ride > Out of State

Notices

Out of State Things to do, places to eat, and roads to ride in places outside of Ohio.

Old 09-27-2012
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ky 227 too many curves

I know what you are going to say...no such thing, but if you are into curves, this northern Kentucky road has them in spades. I actually am tired of curves when I get to the bottom.

227 runs south from Rt 22 (at the Dry Ridge exit on I 75) down to Rt 460 at Georgetown Kentucky. Its mucho curvy. These aren't sweepers all though there are a few down by Stamping Ground at the southern end, but the majority are pretty tight back and forth curves. There is little time to rest, you'd better be riding your A game. It's a two lane with a double yellow centerline but because of its tightness you want to stay off the double yellow because a local may be cutting the curve coming the other way. Surface is decent. There are some cracks and some patches, but little gravel.I don't think the surface will cause you a lot of drama.

If you're in the neighborhood and want to wear the squareness off your rear tire, this road should do it.
Old 09-29-2012

Saddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud ofSaddlebutt has much to be proud of

Sounds like a great road that I would enjoy....
Old 09-29-2012
Bald, Fat & Slow.

Pauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond reputePauly has a reputation beyond repute

A broad can have too many curves. A road cannot. I must visit this overly-voluptuous road.
Old 09-29-2012

drc32-0 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
A broad can have too many curves. A road cannot. I must visit this overly-voluptuous road.

My to-do list is getting somewhat lenghty...but I've got new tires,so it's time to cross a few off.
Old 09-29-2012

Jim has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc32-0 View Post

My to-do list is getting somewhat lenghty...but I've got new tires,so it's time to cross a few off.
I'm ready for another twisty road ride!
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX8-51) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1