Go Back   Ride Ohio > Reasons to Ride > Out of State

Notices

Out of State Things to do, places to eat, and roads to ride in places outside of Ohio.

Old 07-01-2013
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

Ok just got around to looking it up on the map. Must confess never been to Door county, but that may be because I don't see anything on that finger that would interest me.Couple state Parks but thats about it. You would get to see a lot of Lake Michigan.

Im kinda of a mountain/ forest guy.

have you been to or thought about the U.P. of Michigan? Closer...lots of flat desolation, combination of northwoods, lakes, and pete bogs.

http://rideohio.org/showthread.php?t...light=Michigan

If I were going back to Wisconsin I would head back to northern Wisc and the northwoods. Chaequamagon Natl Forest, Nicolet Natl forest...I gravitate toward large green areas on maps lol
Old 07-01-2013

netfan is just really nicenetfan is just really nicenetfan is just really nicenetfan is just really nicenetfan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
Ok just got around to looking it up on the map. Must confess never been to Door county, but that may be because I don't see anything on that finger that would interest me.Couple state Parks but thats about it. You would get to see a lot of Lake Michigan.

Im kinda of a mountain/ forest guy.

have you been to or thought about the U.P. of Michigan? Closer...lots of flat desolation, combination of northwoods, lakes, and pete bogs.

http://rideohio.org/showthread.php?t...light=Michigan

If I were going back to Wisconsin I would head back to northern Wisc and the northwoods. Chaequamagon Natl Forest, Nicolet Natl forest...I gravitate toward large green areas on maps lol
We circumnavigated the UP in 2010 - it was a great trip! From what I've read there are many things to see in Dorr County. We decided to take the historic ferry from Ludington, MI across the lake, then tour Door County for 4 days - it may be too long and we may end up taking your advice and moving on up into Wisconsin toward Superior National Forest. I'm with you on the green areas! It will take two full days to get back to Kalamazoo from Door County (or wherever we end up) so that is factored in as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-01-2013
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

Yea I went back and researched past Ride reports and saw that you had already done the U.P.

Northern Wisconsin is a hard 2 days ride.