Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion General motorcycle related discussion

Old 06-12-2017
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ohiaboy

From his daughter, Elizabeth White:

The viewing for Bill White will be from 12-3pm and 5-8pm on Wednesday at Lima Community Church of the Nazarene (corner of Cole and Diller)There will also be viewing at 9am on Thursday with the funeral to follow at 11am at Lima Community.
All friends and family are invited to come.

Bill was involved in a motorcycle accident on Friday, June 9.

The board has sent flowers to the church.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-12-2017

Ohiodeere is on a distinguished road

Bill exited this world doing what he Loved to do. He has touched allot of people in his lifetime and the people that knew him had nothing but good to say about him.
If I've never seen the hand of god do his work before I seen it done that beautiful morning last Friday on the best roads I motorcycle rider could have wanted to ride.

Bill was a teacher for 31 years at the local University of Northern Ohio.. The Facebook posts by his family have drawn a staggering amount of condolences from people all over that he knew.

Ride on my friend! we'll meet again..

Doug.
Old 06-13-2017
This space for Rent

Warlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info Tank.

Bill

My SPOT, his name is Fido:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-14-2017
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

I am headed up to the 5:00 service tonight. I think Doug is going then as well.
Old 06-15-2017
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday my wife and I drove up to his service.We met up with Doug (Ohiodeere) and his wife uon our arrival. We met Bill's wife, sons, daughters, brother and sister in law. All just like Bill, friendly, welcoming, thankful. Great people.Such a shame we had to meet them under those circumstances. He was loved, by a lot of people, deservedly so, and will be missed.

I think Doug and his wife, and Pat (Sirepair) and his wife attended the funeral today.

Bill will be missed around here.
Old 06-16-2017

Jim has disabled reputation

I never met Bill but he came across as a really genuine guy. I'm sure he will be missed by many, I will miss his photos of obscure places from the road.

Anything further on what may have caused the accident? Was it a straight stretch of road? Was there a tire or mechanical failure?
'14 BMW R1200RT
'12 Triumph Tiger 800
IBA #30023
Old 06-16-2017
motorcycle nut

Jim, if I understood correctly, Doug told me he talked to the coroner and there was no trauma from the crash that would have taken his life. He was geared up and as far as can be told didn't impact anything solid. Apparently his heart just stopped working, and down he went. I believe short straight away after a right, uphill, and a turn back to the left. No tire or mechanical failure. It was reported somewhere he was on an older Goldwing, but he was on his ST 1100. he was a dedicated and experienced rider, and from what I saw in the pics at the service, a real knowledgeable gear head.

Last edited by the ferret; 06-16-2017 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-16-2017
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could have been there, but I am glad you got to go.

I only met him a few times, but he was the kind of guy who right away seems like you have known him for years.

Old 06-16-2017
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

MidniteRider has disabled reputation

Sadness

Chasing the wind, racing the rain

Freedom Isn't Free Someone Died For It

I ain't no candyass fair weather rider

Anyone willing to trade freedom for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
Old 06-19-2017

Jim has disabled reputation

I find this too ironic not to mention. I follow NHRA drag racing and yesterday Top Fuel Dragster driver Clay Millican who's car is sponsored by UNOH where Bill taught won his first ever final round race. Clay has been racing since 1998 and never won a final round. What's so ironic is Clay lost his 22 year old son in a single vehicle motorcycle accident almost two years ago. Here is a link to his emotional post race interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryGLIiYK2EE
'14 BMW R1200RT
'12 Triumph Tiger 800
IBA #30023