Go Back   Ride Ohio > Main Forums > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion General motorcycle related discussion

Old 06-22-2017
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute
Default As of today .....

Since retiring in 2013 I have ridden 101,018 miles. Enjoyed every mile. Looking forward to riding many more.

Have fun, be safe
Old 06-23-2017
This space for Rent

Warlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Brother!! That is awesome. I can only hope to be able to do that.

Bill

My SPOT, his name is Fido:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-23-2017
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

The important thing is you enjoyed every mile!

As much as people complain about "how things are today" a lot of folks have it pretty good.

It is hard for me to believe it has been that long since you retired. The older you get the faster time seems to move.

Old 06-23-2017
motorcycle nut

the ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond reputethe ferret has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Yep Tank, it's been 4 years. Unbelievable. Seems like it was yesterday ( well maybe 2 years ago lol) that I called it quits. It's gone by quicker than I would have imagined. Been good though.
Old 06-24-2017
Cheeky Bastard

magley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond reputemagley64 has a reputation beyond repute

Keep enjoying those miles buddy

ŠUANE
Old 06-24-2017
It's always time to ride

wahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Mick. I hope to be joining you and Harley Guy in retirement in a little over 2 years when I turn 62. I've been eligible to retire for a few years, but need to get my annuity numbers a little higher.

Are you planning any trips to Deals Gap area this summer ?

No matter where life's journey takes you.... there you are.
Not all who wander are lost.....
Old 06-24-2017
Retired and Riding

Road Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRoad Runner has a reputation beyond repute

Mick - that is great that you put that many miles behind you since retirement. I know how you feel having been retired 17 years now.

How about coming over and riding with the Retired and Riding guys out of Harrison, Ohio. We meet every Tuesday at 8 for a bite of breakfast and ride at 9 AM.

I realize you are not a "group" rider but it can be fun once in a while.

Anyway... keep up the mileage and have fun!

Jim

Retired and Riding for over 17 years on a small fixed income!

Honda said ride RED so I am...

Old 06-24-2017
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if I will every fully retire. That is too far into the future for me now.

For now I am just working on trying to get some free time. I thought it would be this summer, but it looks like that was wishful thinking. Of course, I am getting more free time this summer because I have been taking weekends off pretty regularly lately, so that is a start.

I am actually getting the trailer prepped hoping that will allow me to get some more riding in. The problem is I am just bored to death of any destination within 150 miles of home. I am thinking I might be able to pull off some 4 or 5 day weekends if I trailer to a interesting location then the next day I can ride all fresh and rested. Trailer home and back to work the next day fresh and rested. We will see how this works out.

Anyway, I am very happy with the way things are going and I am enjoying life and looking forward to good things in the future.

Old 06-25-2017
motorcycle nut

Wahoo... None to NC this year. head to Colorado at end of July to ride some mtn passes. Then back to Marrietta area in August for a few days, then an OKI ride ( Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana) for the Mens Fall trip this year in Sept, and hopefully a trip to Utah too. We shall see.

RR.... I am headed over to Indiana in the morning to check out RT 62 and the Overlook Restaurant. Would trust you have been there. You are right I am not a group guy. Appreciate the invitation, but it's unlikely I would do anything along those lines.

Tank, retirement isn't for everyone. Some people would be totally bored with it. Luckily I am not. As long as my SS and savings hold out (and my health) I will do very little but ride.

Trailering is sometimes a great deal. Like you said, stay protected, go someplace cool. Arrive refreshed and with good rubber, ride for a few days and then ride home in comfort. WHen I get really old, that's what I plan to do ( just kidding...I trailer sometimes, usually when going with someone who doesn't want to or can't ride long distances. My wife is getting to that point since her hip and knees replacement.
Old 06-26-2017
It's always time to ride

wahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond repute

We'll keep an eye out for you in Colorado. We'll be there in late july also.

No matter where life's journey takes you.... there you are.
Not all who wander are lost.....