Go Back   Ride Ohio > Reasons to Ride > Northeast Ohio

Notices

Northeast Ohio Things to do, places to eat, and roads to ride in Northeast Ohio.

Old 03-26-2009

Jim has disabled reputation
Default Cuyahoga Valley National Park

I've never really explored this area and wondered if someone could give me some advice as to roads to ride, places to see, places to eat and maybe a good campground.
'14 BMW R1200RT
'12 Triumph Tiger 800
IBA #30023
Old 03-26-2009
Theres no place like home

Dorothy is on a distinguished road

Go on line Cuyahoga Valley National Park for imfo.Are you going to be at the Lyons Den saturday ?
Old 03-26-2009
Bad lines, slow as hell

Tank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond reputeTank has a reputation beyond repute

The Mentor people and Harley Guy took me through there last year.

Lots of nice riding and places to eat. I'll let them post up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-27-2009
and can't be found!

Lost1888 is on a distinguished road

There are some nice roads and scenery through the park system. I only know the east side and ride through there quite often. I can't think of any camping in any of the CNP. Dan would probably know the most about the CNP since he is from over that way.

What kind of idea did you have in mind?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My primary complaint is when people ride poorly no matter what the speed. -Tank-

Last edited by Lost1888; 03-27-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-27-2009

skiguy is on a distinguished road

There are some nice runs along the bottom of the valley. Start at Peninsula and head South on Akron Peninsula Road which will wind along the bottom of the valley for about 5 miles or so to Akron where you will hit Portage Trail Extension. Going West for about 1/4 mile will take you to Riverview Road and you can ride back to Peninsula. There are plenty of twistie roads going up the sides of the valley that you can explore.

It is probably worth stopping at State 8 motorcycle http://www.state8.com/ as this is one of the larger stores and you can sometimes find some good deals.

As for places to eat, I would strongly recommend Bubushka's Kitchen in Northfield Center. The hours are a bit quirky (not open on Sunday or Mondays, not open till 1:00pm on Saturday and there is no Alchol, but the food is outstanding. I would also recommend the Noisy Oyster at the Akron end of the park, nice dive bar with good seafood. I would also recomend Rosatis Custard in Northfield Center. If you want more information, go to my food blog at www.c-towneats.blogspot.com.

You can also eat in Pennisula at the Winking Lizard or Fisher's Tavern.

I am not sure about any camping areas, I do know there are plenty of hotels in the area.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Cleveland Restaurant Reviews at
Old 09-06-2014

K Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to beholdK Rider is a splendid one to behold

From down near Cincinnati and was looking to head up there for a weekend ride. We were thinking about walking parts of the trail, any advice on where or what to see. Also figured we would see some waterfalls.

Was wondering about leaving bike while on trail or whatnot. Anyone have issues with theft?

Old 09-06-2014
It's always time to ride

wahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond reputewahoo has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about hiking trails, but there are quite a few there.

Brandywine falls is in the area. Hale Farm and Village is nearby also.

After riding around the park and surrounding area, you can ride Riverview road north to Valley Parkway, which will take you all the way up to rocky river just west of Cleveland. Without stopping, you can do it in about 90 minutes or so.

There is also a nice farm market just south of Peninsula.

There is a winking lizard on 303 in peninsula

Regarding theft, I wouldn't leave anything loose on a bike for any extended period. The bike won't walk away but stuff on it might.

No matter where life's journey takes you.... there you are.
Not all who wander are lost.....
Old 04-12-2015
Dale Ty

Dale Ty is on a distinguished road

For the month of May & early June 2015, travel down West Bath rd ,,, there is a designated pull-off,, and watch the newborn Blue hERRONS nesting... Bring your camera !

------------------
Dale Ty
AMA, HOG, IBA
GLMC, Team Strange
ride & have fun!